• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You favourite place in the world to visit

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I really love travelling, experiencing other places, cultures, FOOD (;)), etc.

Was just wondering where in the world it is that you guys like to visit the most.

Amsterdam, New York & Barcelona really stand out for me. Here in N.I. when you tell someone you're going to the Dam, people are that one way minded that they just assume you're going JUST for drugs & sex. Although I used to love a smoke, and sex is well, just that, there is a hellava lot of 'other' things to do in this great city that is a far cry from the Red Light and the coffee shops.

Barcalona is great in that it is a city, yet you can walk to the great beach and harbour just a few minutes from the hustle and bustle of the city streets. Have been to two Stag's there and although I saw very little monumental statues, etc., I thought that the city itsself was a fantastic place. Plus, it was 26 degrees C. when we went at the end of November which is imo a 'perfect' temperature and was better than the 5 degrees or so in my wee country !!!

New York is just amazing. Everything about it is just so different to where I am from. It couldn't really be more different, tbh. I had a fantastic time there. Was hard on the ol' wallet, but it was well worth getting in debt for. God Bless America....and its lap-dancing bars !!! :D

I had a fantastic holiday in Canada in 1988 when we went to stay with friends who moved to Toronto a short time before that. I can remember really loving it.
Is Canada Wonderland still in operation, Rock ? I went on the largest man-made rollercoaster there & I was 8 year old and sh***ing it !!! :D
Also: Do you have a chain (maybe) ice-cream store called 'Dairy Maid', or something ? Also fantastic.

Lets hear your views, folks...;)

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Apologies: I meant to put this in 'No golf for you' so if someone can move it there if ya want.

ta muchly.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Canada Wonderland? Ya, it's still around. Some friends went a couple summer's ago, said it was the $hits now. But it's still there.

Canada's Wonderland

Dairy Queen, dude. Close tho. :D

You should try some other places in Canada besides southern Ontario. Even western Ontario is nicer.

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, since I've only been to Canada (that IS another country, right) I can only say it was beautiful and very wild which is quite refreshing in this concrete overpopulated world.

I would LOVE to vist all the UK areas and Italy. I have a friend from Crete I'd like to go visit someday and would like to see Japan. I know a pathologist there who would show me around.

But most of all I want to see a part of the US my father used to tell me about, Hawaii. Pure Heaven on earth. Other islands in the Pacific would be great too and countries like New Zealand and Australia.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Canada Wonderland? Ya, it's still around. Some friends went a couple summer's ago, said it was the $hits now. But it's still there.

Canada's Wonderland

Dairy Queen, dude. Close tho. :D

You should try some other places in Canada besides southern Ontario. Even western Ontario is nicer.

R35

I did do other spots, mate - we stayed in Toronto, but also visited Niargra Falls and then went to stay with my Father's cousin who lived in Sarnia. His Stepson was a famous ice-hockey player. You may have heard of him as a couple of guys that I have caddied for have. His name is Tony McKegney. Forgive me if I have asked you that before, or owt...

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i used to go to the Manatana(or something like that in Brockville about 20 yrs ago)cause the drinking age was 19 over there abd its 21 over here.it was always a treat to come back across the border with 7 guys wasted and 1 half in the bag.so if i could go back 20 yrs that would be the place.most every other place ive been was for work.

julie2golf

Nov 3, 2006
A few years back, when I was a young girl!:) I travelled to the UK, Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand, Fiji, Vanawatu, and quite a few trips to Bali. I loved them all, and throught that they were all great.
Now all I want to do is visit different golf courses, whether they be in Australia or Overseas!:)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I assume all of you are/were doing that traveling as part of your job or was it vacationing. I have never traveled outside the US for anything job related. And we have divisions in Belgium and Italy. One guy got to go upgrade some of our transmissions for the Marines in Iraq for a few months. He came back with stories about the camel spiders etc. Other guys have gone to Abu Dabi or Isreal. No thanks. I'll dream about Hawaii.....:D

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I was in Egypt and Israel and they're such beautiful countries with so much history surrounding them. At the time I was too young to notice what all the 'old stones' were, but now I realize what an opportunity it was

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
First are camel spider bites...

awww.rochedalss.eq.edu.au_bites_day_203_20and_20the_20skin_20is_20dying.JPG

Now the spider!!

awww.camelspiders.net_large_camel_spider.jpg

and a link to a website with a MOVIE of them..

http://www.awfulgames.com/fun/camelspider/

Links R Best

Hoylake,UK
Dec 5, 2006
I don't think I'd like to visit anywhere those spiders are.
I've been lucky I think to travel alot of great places either on holiday or rugby tours.Of the places I've been,Chile is a beautiful country with great seafood,steaks and wine ( of course ! ).New Zealand is definitely one of my favourite places,great scenery and very friendly people.I like the US alot,travelled extensively through the South and East,I particularly liked Austin TX, Atlanta GA and Flagstaff AZ,great food and friendly people ,a great mix !

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
Favorite place to visit

I know it sounds strange, but I love Southern California. Can't get enough of it. An hour away on plane and 6 hours away driving. When I want peace, quiet, and good sleep, I drive 4 hours to Lake Tahoe.

🔥 Latest posts