• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You had your hand, where????

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Well, we talk a lot about irons and drivers and hybrids and putters and, even, shoes. Just don't hear gloves discussed.

1. Do you wear a glove when playing?

2. Do you wear it 100% of the time or do you remove it for putting?

3. Is there a brand of glove you prefer? Or, do you just buy what's on sale... el cheapos????

4. If you prefer the higher priced gloves, like FootJoy, why? Do they wear longer? Is there a difference in feel/tackiness?

Just wondering......

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Well, we talk a lot about irons and drivers and hybrids and putters and, even, shoes. Just don't hear gloves discussed.

3. Is there a brand of glove you prefer? Or, do you just buy what's on sale... el cheapos????

4. If you prefer the higher priced gloves, like FootJoy, why? Do they wear longer? Is there a difference in feel/tackiness?

Just wondering......

1. Yes
2. Not for chipping or putting
3. Footjoys usually but the weathersof ones iirc
4. The ones I use aren't that expensive and do me just fine.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
1. not always
2. See #1 - I go through Freddie phases.
3. Snake Eye Cabretta - they feel no different than the Titleist versions and can be had on sale for ~$6 (roughly a third of the cost of the Titleist). I don't go through gloves that fast (see #1/2) and will pick up 2-3 gloves when they go on sale.
4. N/A

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
1. Yes, don't ask me why, but for some reason I bought and now have to wear the "bionic glove", I really like the thing...this is my second season using it. I don't have any hand issues or trouble holding the club. So I don't have any excuse other than I like it a lot.

2. I take it off for putting, the square putter grip doesn't feel right with the glove on, it makes me close the putter face for some reason.

3. No the bionic is about the most expensive you can get....They last me a year and you can actually the wash the thing a few times with the laundry

4. Totally different feel...hard to discribe..but I've been laughed at and am still wearing the stupid thing.....almost gay for it you could say.....sad really, but I really, really like 'em:-(

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
1. Yes
2. I take it off for putting
3. I am still trying them all out to see what i like, so far, footjoy weathersof has been my favorite and has lasted the longest
4. It just feels good.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

1. Do you wear a glove when playing? Yes

2. Do you wear it 100% of the time or do you remove it for putting? Yes - makes no difference

3. Is there a brand of glove you prefer? Or, do you just buy what's on sale... el cheapos???? Footjoy Weathersoft because they last

4. If you prefer the higher priced gloves, like FootJoy, why? Do they wear longer? Is there a difference in feel/tackiness? Buy on specials

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008

Just wondering......

I generally always wear a glove, it's removed when I'm very close to the green and want some good feel for a chip, or a flop shot. I remove it for putting as well. Not for feel solely, but to slow myself down, and keep a routine for putting.

I generally wear Taylormade's Tour Targa glove I think it is. VERY comfortable, has a smaller wrist cut/seam, which looks and feels better. They seem to last pretty damn long too.

However, usually, my go to glove is the Footjoy WeatherSof gloves. White and black.. fits like skin.. They are $10 a pop.. I buy them in packs of 3 for $24, and save... They last a good bit too, but seem to dirty up, and tear on my thumb a little more than the TM's do.

Tried Srixon, and Titleist, and even a Callaway, and the srixon wore a blister, the Titleist ripped after 4 rounds, and the Callaway was okay.

Footjoy makes the best, IMO.

I generally get maybe 10 rounds, or 15 rounds a glove. I don't wear them until my fingers are poking through them. If it rains, and it's nasty out, they generally don't last as long, and I try and keep my "rain" glove out, when it's yucky.. I also wad them up in my bag after they get not to clean, and new, so I'm sure that kills any longevity.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
1). Yes.

2). Where it for everything...even if I'm just having a practice putt I wear a glove.

3). Not too bothered what glove it is, as long as it's a good tight fit.

4). I need to have a couple of FJ Rain grips in the bag, both a left and right handed one as they are total non-slip even when pi$$ed wet through and I play in all sorts of weather.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
1). Yes.

2). Where it for everything...even if I'm just having a practice putt I wear a glove.

3). Not too bothered what glove it is, as long as it's a good tight fit.

4). I need to have a couple of FJ Rain grips in the bag, both a left and right handed one as they are total non-slip even when pi$$ed wet through and I play in all sorts of weather.

Ditto.. I got a set of those FJ Rain gloves.

Damn near slick the club to your hands in the rain. All black, and they work good.. Expensive though.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
1. Yes
2. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, no specific reason.
3. Footjoy Weathersoft
4. My fiancee's first present for me ever was one of these so I just kept buying the same one over and over...

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006

Just wondering......

1. Yes

2. Take it off for short pitch shots, chipping, and putting.

3. Nope don't care about brand.. long as it's the cabaret leather I get whatever I can find that's cheapest.

4. I've very very hard on gloves... my hands sweat a huge amount... the constant wetting/drying of the glaves tend to make them not last as long... regardless of type. So I don't see a point in spending much for a single glove.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
1. Do you wear a glove when playing? I've tried to use them a few times and just can't get comfortable with them.

2. Do you wear it 100% of the time or do you remove it for putting? I always took them off for putting as it just didn't feel right.

3. Is there a brand of glove you prefer? Or, do you just buy what's on sale... el cheapos???? - The Footjoys seem to fit my hand the best.

4. If you prefer the higher priced gloves, like FootJoy, why? Do they wear longer? Is there a difference in feel/tackiness? - fit muthatrucka

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
1. No
2. N/A
3. Used to use Titleist exclusively. They fit my hand the best.
4. N/A Don't remember how much the Titty gloves cost...

xman1112

May 8, 2009
1. Yes, but I'm thinking of trying no glove; at the range first obviously.
2. I take it off for any kind of feel shot close to the green: pitching, chipping, putting. I only keep it on around the green if I'm in a greenside bunker.
3. It doesn't have to be really expensive, but the comfortable leather feels better than the real cheapo ones.
4. There are alot of nice ones out there, fit is more important that one particular brand.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
1) Yes and I have the one white hand to prove it.

2) I take it off for putting, I have no idea other than the pros do and I've done it so long now it feels funny putting with one on now.

3) I like the Adidas ones. Very snug fit, good tackiness, long wear.

4) The Adidas are mid range priced, but fit, feel and durability.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.