• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You had your hand, where????

Jun 24, 2006
I usually take it off after every shot (unless it's cold) and don't put it back on to putt or short touchie shots around the green.

Wilson Dual Softs because I get them at cost, and I go through them like candy.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Well, we talk a lot about irons and drivers and hybrids and putters and, even, shoes. Just don't hear gloves discussed.

1. Do you wear a glove when playing?

2. Do you wear it 100% of the time or do you remove it for putting?

3. Is there a brand of glove you prefer? Or, do you just buy what's on sale... el cheapos????

4. If you prefer the higher priced gloves, like FootJoy, why? Do they wear longer? Is there a difference in feel/tackiness?

Just wondering......

#1.Yep

#2. Depends on how my putting is going. If I am putting well with it off that I continue to do so, if not than I leave it on.

#3. Currently wearing some Callaway glove, fits nice & snug unlike some of the cheaper brands.

#4. Other than fit I can't really tell a difference.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
i use footjoy weathersof. i think they are the best glove for the money.

stays nice and tacky, until it's stretched out and feels little loose. this will then become my range glove and i just get a new one.

i wear them constantly at the range, but when i'm playing, use it only on full swing, and take my gloves off while i'm walking to my ball. pitching, chipping, putting, any shortgame shots, i go bare to get little more feel.

during summer time, one would last me about 1 1/2 month. i think i buy about 4 or 5 per year.

dosten

May 12, 2009
1) Yes, I always where a glove
2) I take it off within 50 yards
3) srixon hi-brid leather glove.
4) I stumbled upon this srixon glove and haven't gone back to anything else. The thing is by far the most durable glove i've ever used. This coming from the guy who would go through a FJ Stay Soft every 72 holes.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
1. Do you wear a glove when playing? Yes

2. Do you wear it 100% of the time or do you remove it for putting? Only on Full Swings, I remove for any shot not requiring a full swing for better feel.

3. Is there a brand of glove you prefer? Or, do you just buy what's on sale... el cheapos???? FJ Raingrip Extremes, only wear the left unless it is raining

4. If you prefer the higher priced gloves, like FootJoy, why? Do they wear longer? Is there a difference in feel/tackiness? Have found no better combination for Hot and humid weather, or rain than the FJ Raingrips and Full cord grip. If not for stumbling on this about 5 years ago, I was ready to give up the game between June and August, or likely all together. While they cost about twice as much than a Bargain Glove, they last about 10 times as long and on really humid days I don't have to switch them out ever couple holes like I would have to on regular gloves. I will on occasion wear regular gloves in the colder months, simple because I have a few left over from prior to only buying Raingrips, but will never buy another.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
1. Do you wear a glove when playing? Yes.

2. Do you wear it 100% of the time or do you remove it for putting? Remove it for putting.

3. Is there a brand of glove you prefer? Or, do you just buy what's on sale... el cheapos???? I've found a glove last year I really, really like. Etonic Dri-Lite. Synthetic leather, cabretta palm and microfiber lining between the fingers. Cheap glove, I wasn't sure I'd like them. They fit perfectly and wear like steel. I'm playing the same glove I pulled out of the package last November and played all winter long. It's the first glove I've ever played where the sweat from my hands doesn't soak the fingers and thumb. Evidently the microfiber and synthetic leather really work. Got soaked a couple rounds ago in a quick downpour, next day was dry and you could never tell it had been wet. I found them on ebay and stocked up -- (6) gloves for about $20 + shipping. Pleasantly surprised how nice the syn leather feels and how well these gloves fit and last.

4. If you prefer the higher priced gloves, like FootJoy, why? Do they wear longer? Is there a difference in feel/tackiness? I always used to play "premium" cabretta gloves only. I went through them like candy as it's hot and humid here about 75% of our season. I got tired of buying expensive gloves and trashing them after a handful of rounds.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
There you go again, disappointing me with thread titles.

Yeah, yeah, I wear FootJoys. Prefer the mesh-backed ones but will buy whatever's in stock and cheapest.

I'm inconsistent about putting with a glove. Many women's golf shorts/capris/skorts don't have a back left pocket, so there's no place to put my glove after I take it off. As a result, I mostly leave it on.

Any prize for weird reason?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm inconsistent about putting with a glove. Many women's golf shorts/capris/skorts don't have a back left pocket, so there's no place to put my glove after I take it off. As a result, I mostly leave it on.

Do what the strippers do...they dont have a pocket to hold their tips...so they just use their 'uniform'... :p

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
1) yes
2) Since it's hot down here, I alternate 2-3 gloves with them hanging from the care between holes so they don't get all sweaty/soggy.
3) Don't care for plastic gloves, gotta be leather but brand isn't important.
4)see 3

🔥 Latest posts