• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You know your a Ho when.....

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
Might be time for a little end of the year contest, give me and Sling a few ideas.......maybe a gift certificate or free club to whoever spends the most btwn now and Christmas. Give me some ideas!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Golfsmith Backflow 1-LW
1 thru LW? What, was this some masochistic phase you were going through at the time. Or did an angry wife buy them for you, figuring that would teach you to buy more than one set in a lifetime?:)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Might be time for a little end of the year contest, give me and Sling a few ideas.......maybe a gift certificate or free club to whoever spends the most btwn now and Christmas. Give me some ideas!

How bout a free set of irons? You getting the Srixon i701's? :laugh:

Oh, BTW, I just bought a hybrid and a driver from you guys... not to mention I also have over $250 from selling my BurnerTP.
icon10.gif

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
1 thru LW? What, was this some masochistic phase you were going through at the time. Or did an angry wife buy them for you, figuring that would teach you to buy more than one set in a lifetime?:)

That was one of my better bags. Driver, 1-LW, putter. :D I used to be able to hit the long irons really well back then, even better than the fairway woods of the day. Hybrids weren't called hybrids, and the Adams Tight Lies were being sold through infomercials. The best part are the shafts. True Temper, steel, stepless, bubble shafts called Rocket shafts. I have often been tempted to pull those shafts and reshaft the set, but I somehow always end up buying a new set of irons instead. :laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Tim, you need to release your inner ho.

You're carrying too much baggage around, my man...

Get some ho-listic therapy. Maybe go see a ho-meopathic doctor. Or some psyc-ho-drama sessions.

Something.:laugh:

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Tim, you need to release your inner ho.

You're carrying too much baggage around, my man...

Get some ho-listic therapy. Maybe go see a ho-meopathic doctor. Or some psyc-ho-drama sessions.

Something.:laugh:

Its too late for me. :laugh: You can't raise the Titanic once she has sunk.

Not too much baggage, too many bags. :D As promised, one of these days I will get them all together for a group photo op.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Hybrids weren't called hybrids, and the Adams Tight Lies were being sold through infomercials.
Ahhhh, I am not sure I have ever found an accomplishment in my golf game that matches how I once hit an Adams Original Tight Lies 5w. Man, did I used to piss people off when I pulled that thing out when they were reaching for their driver. :laugh:

I had an number of people that threatened to snap that thing over their knee.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Just a pet peave I have come across while researching the next iron set that I do not need:

People who review clubs from the 80's telling you how great they are and how accurate they are, but then complain that they are short. I will quote one example, "The biggest con is that they do not hit it as far as other irons, I have to hit a 6 iron instead fromt the same distance as I was hitting my 7 iron, but I am keeping them anyways."

Well, Einstein, it couldn't possibly be that the 6 iron of the 80's has the same loft of your modern loft pumped up 7 iron could it? :mad: That mentality is what drove the OEM's to continually bump the lofts stronger creating the need for Gap wedges and rendering 2 irons unhittable. While we will probably never get away from the numbering system for clubs, I would absolutely love it if the R&A /USGA were to force manufacturers to put the loft angle on the club as well. It will never happen, but one can wish.:laugh:

🔥 Latest posts