• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your 2010 goals?

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I always set goals for myself. This year I would like to get down to a 5.5 USGA index. Anything under 5.1 puts me back at the tips, don't know that I want that yet! I also want to shoot a round of even par. I played last week and had a 76 with 1 double bogey. Probably as solid a round overall that I've ever played, even though it's one off of my career low. I have a good feeling about 2010, I'm as confident in my game right now as I've ever been. Ballstriking is as good as it's ever been, and I can really feel my short game coming around.

So, what are your goals for 2010?

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Add a gate to my backyard so I can sneak on, Play more, Try not to kill anyone, a round at Pebble within 2 weeks of the US Open and not let almond season ruin my practice.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, assuming my left knee will stop hurting so I can play again..........

Try those Feel reverse taper grips on my driver.......hit more fairways.

Break 80 finally.................I've shot 3 rounds of 81, numerous 82's, but never a 80 or lower.

Try a belly putter, just for $hits and giggles

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Can't make any handicap goals as of yet as my handicap is being re-adjusted as we speak (we are moving to the USGA handicapping system, and all Aussie handicaps will be re-calculated by Friday). Should end up around 3.8 or so though so I guess the goal is to get down to 2. Shouldn't be hard considering I'm in a bit of a slump at the moment and still holding 4.

I guess the big one for me is to defend my two club championships, dont know how much success I'll have but will definitely be trying. Other than that it would be to start playing more than once a fortnight (or longer in some cases) and analyze my game so I can figure out where I'm going wrong, at least from a statistical standpoint...

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Get to where i'm breaking 90 every time. To where i'll be justifiably ticked if I don't. If I can achieve that early in the year then i'll probably adjust that goal (as we all will once the season is underway).

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'm playing more.

I want rounds with less than 35 putts, period.

Thats all I ask, at this point..

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
After this "sicky" year I'm just going to be happy to be out swinging the golf club and whatever results I'll take.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I always set goals for myself. This year I would like to get down to a 5.5 USGA index. Anything under 5.1 puts me back at the tips, don't know that I want that yet! I also want to shoot a round of even par. I played last week and had a 76 with 1 double bogey. Probably as solid a round overall that I've ever played, even though it's one off of my career low. I have a good feeling about 2010, I'm as confident in my game right now as I've ever been. Ballstriking is as good as it's ever been, and I can really feel my short game coming around.

So, what are your goals for 2010?

Sound like a miiror image of my goals. Add keep the baby draw in my game throughout year. And find a good deal on another Scotty---the ho in me said that.:beach3::beach3:

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
same thing every year...just play better.....more rounds in the lower 80"s......hell, just staying in the 80's every time will be fine with me

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
same thing every year...just play better.....more rounds in the lower 80"s......hell, just staying in the 80's every time will be fine with me

I hear you DaGris, I keep saying I want to break 80, but I'm like you, if I can just keep it in the 80's I'd be happy. Shooting a 84 one day, then a 94 two days later on the same course is aggravating.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
My goal is to play 20 rounds in Vermont this year. The last 2 years I fell short of this goal.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I hear you DaGris, I keep saying I want to break 80, but I'm like you, if I can just keep it in the 80's I'd be happy. Shooting a 84 one day, then a 94 two days later on the same course is aggravating.

:) you're right!

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I'm easy - just want to get 18 pain free holes in.

Played 18 without leg or elbow braces yesterday and hit the ball well, 43/44 and no pain until around 15, but I'm paying right now. Leg is OK, but my left arm feels like it's full of lead.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online