• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your balls, Your Score..

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I've been lurking a bit. Work has been insanely busy but going to make time to play golf and fish.

Yeah, TP3 & 3 layers makes little to no sense. I guess that's why they discontinued them!

They are however a really nice 3 piece ball that got lots of good reviews. Just not at $40/doz.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I've been lurking a bit. Work has been insanely busy but going to make time to play golf and fish.

Yeah, TP3 & 3 layers makes little to no sense. I guess that's why they discontinued them!

They are however a really nice 3 piece ball that got lots of good reviews. Just not at $40/doz.
I found that to be true of most tour quality balls that I've tried. Not bad, but not $40-$50 per dozen good either

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'll play proV's, but only when I find them in the bushes lol.
Have been a Wilson Duo fan for a good 6 months now. Used to play e6's, am prone to chucking one on the tee very now and then but always revert back to the Duo for some reason.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I bought a gross of Top Flite Tours (the last version of a Strata around the time of the Callaway buyout) on closeout years ago for just under $10 a dozen. Still got around 10 dozen or so left. I am good for a while. :D (especially since I just Top Golf for now, they provide the balls)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I really like the Srixon Z Star. Nice off the tee and a ton of green side spin. Bought a couple dozen after finding one on the course and playing the rest of the round with it. Great golf ball!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
My balls have been in someone else's hands, before they are in mine. As I've said before, we find literally dozens of lost balls on the course. Having the first tee time, we find what was lost the day before.

My cart buddy gets all the Callaway balls and I get all the Titleist balls. I still like the ProV, but that does not stop me from experimenting with a number of found gems. I've enjoyed playing a number of the E6 balls lately. Also, we have named the MOJO the 'most lost' ball on our course. Used to be Top Flite. Now, we find lots and lots of MOJOs hiding in the leaves. After simply tossing them in our buckets, I played a couple. Have shot some nice scores with the crappy MOJO balls.

Each year, our course burns off all the native grass areas. Once burned, it's amazing to see all the "toasted marshmellows" laying there that nobody found... and just where some of those are.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
My balls have been in someone else's hands, before they are in mine. As I've said before, we find literally dozens of lost balls on the course. Having the first tee time, we find what was lost the day before.

My cart buddy gets all the Callaway balls and I get all the Titleist balls. I still like the ProV, but that does not stop me from experimenting with a number of found gems. I've enjoyed playing a number of the E6 balls lately. Also, we have named the MOJO the 'most lost' ball on our course. Used to be Top Flite. Now, we find lots and lots of MOJOs hiding in the leaves. After simply tossing them in our buckets, I played a couple. Have shot some nice scores with the crappy MOJO balls.

Each year, our course burns off all the native grass areas. Once burned, it's amazing to see all the "toasted marshmellows" laying there that nobody found... and just where some of those are.

I'm positive I've put my balls where no balls had gone before.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Dayum, Rock must have got lessons from wrx, lol...

Haha, I don't know the exact distance but on a par 5 we played he had something around 260 left to come home in two. First time he had taken a swing with it and flies the green hitting tree behind the green on the fly, and its a good thing he did or the ball would've been in the clubhouse snack bar.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
The ball does not have a lot of impact on my game. I am just not that good to notice. I play cheap Pinnacles in the winter and use the NXT Tour or Tour S in season.

OP
al_vorster

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
I can't be bothered read it the box info... As long as the ball is relatively soft for the short game, I'm buying. Srixon Soft Feel? Bring it. Cheap and feels nice. Even the NXT as well. But not so sure about Pinnacle in winter. Here in SA it will NOT stop on our firm winter greens, or I'm just not that good!

dknisle1

Jan 25, 2014
Sounds like I'm the only one rocking the Project A. This ball feels great off the club. I just can't justify 40+$ for golf balls

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
I played tour preferred the other day, for the first time. I really enjoyed how a ball felt, felt very controllable, but also was super grippy around the greens. Only problem I saw with it was that I wasn't getting as much distance as I was with the pro V1

Members online

No members online now.