• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Dream Partner for a Round??

Massimo

Captain Obvious
May 31, 2005
(I've searched Shottalk for this topic. Please don't flame...)

I have recently been dreaming (while watching a almost hung-over Frank Nobilo on the Golf Channel -- with his 5 o'clock shadow look) about what it would be like to play a round with a pro or celeb. What would it be like to run over Tiger's ball, in the fairway, with your cart or even sling John Daly out, while taking a hard curve on the cartpath.

I think my dream round would have to go with a celebrity like Bill Murray and even his whole family of brothers. Their Comedy Central show was hilarious. (Damn Comedy Central for cancelling it).

Now, for a pro, I would have to play with John Daly. He seems to the best dressed Redneck in the game today and he kinda reminds me of myself. A little chubby, but with a big stroke..LOL

I almost had the chance to play with Jerry Pate (Champions Tour, 1976 US Open winner -- the guy who dived into the nearby lake after he made his last putt) a few years back. My first cousin went to high school with his daughter and they were pretty good friends. I would have had the chance to meet him, but I did not get to go to my cousins high school graduation a few years ago due to my job at the time. My parents got to sit with him and my Dad told him how much I liked to play golf. But, my Dad did not realize he was a touring pro. My cousin always told me, if I wanted to play with him, she would ask. I just didn't have the balls back then......

I did get to meet a Hubert Green (Champions Tour) once. I was playing in a Wal-Mart charity tourney back in 2000 and he was walking around the driving range, watching everyone warm up. Funny thing that day, when we arrived (of course, a little late), the only parking place we could find was his personal "Course Professional" reserved place. We almost parked there.... Would have been awesome.....

As for my rambling.........

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
This thread was done on GR a couple of times, and always threw up good answers...very hard to narrow it down to four, but i'll have a pop.

I'm going to go for two fourballs, i.e. pick 7 others to share a 36-hole day with, swapping partners every 9 holes so you get to play with just about everyone, and have a few beers afterwards! There. that's complicated it..

1. Natalie Gulbis. No explanation needed.
2. Annika. To keep Nat company and she'd be great to watch.
3. Darren Clarke
4. Jiminez

I think Clarke and jiminez would be a barrell of laughs on and off the course, with planty of banter and comments about Nat. I read an article about Jiminez a couple of years back - he was playing 18 with a golf reporter. The reporter stuck it on a par 3, 3 feet or so from the pin. He turned to Jiminez and says "so, this is the 50 quid hole, nearest the pin, right?". Jiminez looked at him, spat his cigar on the tee - and stuck it to 2 feet. Quality.

5. Billy Connolly. Funniest man alive, no debate.
6. Seve. I reckon I could hit more fairways than him, so I wouldn't look a total tit.
7. Sam Torrance. Anyman who can say "They may have had a Tiger, but we had 12 lions" gets my vote.

So, there you go...7 off the top of my head. Ask me again next week, they'll prob all change!

OP
Massimo

Massimo

Captain Obvious
May 31, 2005
Natalie Gulbis is hot.... I would not be able to play with her... I would probably not be able to tee-up my ball or drive the cart in a straight line. I would get lost in the woods or even start mumbling about "Not being able to feel my legs".....
I am starting to like Paula Creamer. Very cute golfer...... Now, for Michelle Wie -- Well, I don't think we can talk about her on the forum. Could be illegal....

I almost forgot. I got to have the dream to play with David Feherty. The things that come out of his mouth during events are hilarious...... Especially, those King Cobra commercials..... WOW!!!

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
this thread pops up once in awhile, always good stuff, i got to play with a champions tour pro earlier this year (rodger davis) and that was good,

i'll throw in three

1. tiger, just for the honor to watch him
2. daly, what a great all around guy
3. rockford, never played with a canadian before (how bad can it be...)

HARLEY69

Jul 16, 2005
The way I look at it is why play with a pro and get my butt spanked in front of everyone that came to watch the pro. I would have to pick The 3 Stooges. I know that would of been one hell of a good time. If I had to pick a pro, it would be Natalie also cause I am in LOVE. Maybe some LUST too.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Barnard Matthews - he's always good for a turkey ;)
Dr. Ian Paisley - if he asked for a putt, I'd say "NEVER!!!!"
Auric Goldfinger - I'd like to kick his ass over 18 for a bar of gold, and then say:

"I sapoose you exspect me ta tolk Gol'finger" (in my best Connery accent) to which he would reply,
"No, I expect you to die, MUUUAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHAAAAA"!

Triple-R

Worm Burner
Jul 11, 2005
Hmmm... let me see here... I we were playing in a scramble I would pick:
1. Justin Leonard (So we could all ride on his coat-tails)
2. Richard Pryor
3. Dane Cook

and milton from "Office Space" would drive the beer cart...

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Triple-R said:
Hmmm... let me see here... I we were playing in a scramble I would pick:
1. Justin Leonard (So we could all ride on his coat-tails)
2. Richard Pryor
3. Dane Cook

and milton from "Office Space" would drive the beer cart...

RRR
Watch what you wish for.
I hear Just-in "putts from the rough". Not that this is an issue in itself. (One man's pisser is another man's porker!) I was just wondering if you still wanted to ride on his coat tails!!????? Or even worse, you Dane and Richard would all jump on.

For the record Wayne Westener and Jose Olazabal are also reportedly in the chocolate club and allegedly Hal Sutton would jump on that bandwagon should it come round, if all the southern gals are spend from his porking manouvres. Any takers for Hefty? (It's a slow day here!!)

Triple-R

Worm Burner
Jul 11, 2005
I didnt realize he was a man's man... I dont really keep up with all of the golfers personal lives... I was commenting on his golfing skill...

Jakobean

Keystone Conesure
Jul 17, 2005
There is only one person I can go with right now and that's Paula Creamer. Another great though would be Jesper Parnevick.

BentGrass

In the Lumbar Yard
Jul 3, 2005
Barkley, Jordan and Woods might be fun.

Somebody has the contest now to golf with Mickelson, Favre and Toby Keith. I'm guessing that would be enjoyable too.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
its ford, ya that'd be pretty sweet, favre is about my favorite football player, what a badass

BentGrass

In the Lumbar Yard
Jul 3, 2005
I worked and played golf in Green Bay for about 9 years. The only football player I ever saw on the course was Doug Peterson. Brett probably played at the country club I supose.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.