• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Favorite Ball?

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
We get absolutely reemed here in Aus for ball prices (best deals for ProV's are still $50+ for comparisons) so the BIG push here right now is for the TaylorMade Penta TP5's. Best deal around is $31 a dozen, $33 everywhere else. This is by far the best bang for buck ball in Aus right now.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
We get absolutely reemed here in Aus for ball prices (best deals for ProV's are still $50+ for comparisons) so the BIG push here right now is for the TaylorMade Penta TP5's. Best deal around is $31 a dozen, $33 everywhere else. This is by far the best bang for buck ball in Aus right now.
I'm pretty sure that's better than the price on TP5's here. Is that regular price there?

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I'm pretty sure that's better than the price on TP5's here. Is that regular price there?

Not really sure Nu, they just seemed to pop up out of nowhere at the $33 dollar mark. And EVERYONE is selling them at this price. Very strange.

Note: a quick google search seems to point that our recommended retail is anywhere between the $45-$50 mark.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Not really sure Nu, they just seemed to pop up out of nowhere at the $33 dollar mark. And EVERYONE is selling them at this price. Very strange.

Note: a quick google search seems to point that our recommended retail is anywhere between the $45-$50 mark.
Yeah, our regular price (at least in my area) is right around the $40-$45 range I believe and those don't ever seem to go on sale.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Bulk purchase shipped to the states? Lol
Na. I only buy premium balls when they are a couple years old and on clearance at around half the original price, lol. I am too cheap and get upset when I lose a ball that I paid more than a dollar for. Thanx though.

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Na. I only buy premium balls when they are a couple years old and on clearance at around half the original price, lol. I am too cheap and get upset when I lose a ball that I paid more than a dollar for. Thanx though.

MORE than fair enough! :)

At least the days of $96 dozen ProV's are gone here. That used to really hurt when you put a ball in the lake on the second hole!

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
OMFG! That would be enough to make me quit. What were Top Flites, $40 a doz?

You're going to think I'm taking the piss, but, yes they were. Not sure if you guys got a lot of the same balls as us here but I remember the following prices:
ProV's: $96
Maxfli Revolution: $80
Optima HP: $40 (think these may be an Aussie brand, do you have Much PGF stuff in the states?)
Top-Flite XL's: $40
Precept MC: $50
TaylorMade EnerGel?: one of the first balls TM brought out, $75
Srixon Soft Feel: $45
Callaway Rule 35: $55

There were definitely other outrageous prices around too, these are just off the top of my head that I can remember.
$8 a ball was not out of the ordinary back even only 5 or 6 years ago.

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
Premium:
Bridgestone B300 RX
Taylor Made TP5
Titleist Pro-V1x

Mid:
Bridgestone E7
Bridgestone E6

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I blayed the Duo today and I liked it a lot. It doesn't spin like the major balls (Prov V, B-330 RX, or Z Star), but it feels really good coming of the club face and putts great. I will definitely play this ball some more, and at $20.00 a dozen the price is right.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I blayed the Duo today and I liked it a lot. It doesn't spin like the major balls (Prov V, B-330 RX, or Z Star), but it feels really good coming of the club face and putts great. I will definitely play this ball some more, and at $20.00 a dozen the price is right.

It PUTTS great? Like, you made more putts?

🔥 Latest posts