• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Favorite Pro Swing?

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
One of my biggest problems is holding my wrist cock too long, this can create hell with the longer sticks.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Holding wrist cock is not a good idea, there is no way with the club travelling as fast as it would in your swing should you consciously hold the angle, this should be a natural reaction if you have done everything right beforehand with the clubhead lagging and then releasing at the correct times, and i am guessing with that handicap of yours you aint got too many problems

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
Holding wrist cock is not a good idea, there is no way with the club travelling as fast as it would in your swing should you consciously hold the angle, this should be a natural reaction if you have done everything right beforehand with the clubhead lagging and then releasing at the correct times, and i am guessing with that handicap of yours you aint got too many problems

Not too many issues, just releasing. When I open the speed up my release gets a little behind I have solved this with increasing my swingweights to D4 and have more feel over the head.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I think Charnock is saying that lag is not deliberate,its the result of other technical parts of the swing working properly.Not one golfer deliberately holds the lag longer.It just happens

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
I guess we could argue about this forever charnock. All I can say is, look at Michelle Wie. There was a huge discussion about this at this page.

http://www.jimhardygolf.com/Forums/tabid/53/forumid/1/postid/5849/view/topic/tpage/1/Default.aspx

Even though its on Jim's forum, it has hardly anything about Hardy in there.

There was a lot of leadbetter bashing on there, as i stated before he maybe hasnt had the success in the last few years that he had in the late 80's early 90's, Michelle Wie is, as was Justin Rose in a growth spurt and with this a lot of changes physically to the golf swing will happen.

Kraft Nabisco 3rd
LPGA Championship 5th
Ladies British Open 26th
US Womens Open 3rd

Look at the results from 2006, what a disaster !! considering she only played select events and was in the middle of studying for university then i would say she has performed ok

· The youngest player ever to qualify for an adult USGA-sanctioned tournament – 10 years, 298 days (2000 Women's U.S. Amateur Public Links)
· The youngest player ever to qualify for an LPGA tournament – Age 12 (2002 LPGA Takefuji Classic)
· The youngest winner (male or female) of an adult USGA-sanctioned tournament – Age 13 (2003 Women's U.S. Amateur Public Links)
· The youngest player to make a cut in an LPGA tournament and major – Age 13 (2003 Nabisco Championship)
· The youngest player to play in a PGA Tour event – Age 14 (2004 Sony Open)
· The lowest round by a female in a PGA Tour event (also the first female to score a sub-70 round in PGA Tour history) – 68 (2004 & 2006 Sony Open)
· The youngest player to play in Curtis Cup history – Age 14 (2004)
· The youngest female to make a cut in any professional male tour event - Age 16 (2006 SK Telecom Open)
· The first female medalist in a men’s U.S. Open qualifying tournament – Age 16 (2006 U.S. Open Local Qualifying at Turtle Bay Hawaii)

See how leadbetter has ruined the great talent!!

She only falls down by her current insistence on playing against the men instead of plying her trade against the women

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
I think Charnock is saying that lag is not deliberate,its the result of other technical parts of the swing working properly.Not one golfer deliberately holds the lag longer.It just happens

Nail hit square on the head!

benk

Ben
Dec 4, 2006
asdf

I didn't mean results, I more meant her swing. It is not anything like it was before. It used to be a great golf swing, and it seems Lead has floored her with positions and such, and it no looks robotic, and thats just not my opinion. Also, her scores in the PGA events since going to Lead are far worse than when she was younger.

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
I didn't mean results, I more meant her swing. It is not anything like it was before. It used to be a great golf swing, and it seems Lead has floored her with positions and such, and it no looks robotic, and thats just not my opinion. Also, her scores in the PGA events since going to Lead are far worse than when she was younger.

Results are more important than swings, tom purtzer according to his peers was the best swinger of a golf club, but never really won anything,
http://www.golfdigest.com/instruction/index.ssf?/instruction/swingsequences/gd200511michellewie.html
i personally think it looks better, but as i said in a previous post, just like Justin Rose at 17 she is also still growing and struggling to adapt to her change in height etc.., to perform as well as she has in the womens majors with a so called faulty motion i think she has done very well dont you and i personally dont give a rats ass how she performs against the men as it is more about the hype and promotion of the event she chooses than how she actually plays.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Rose got a lot better whne he finally told leadbetter to pound salt.

Lead may have had some good thoughts back in the day but imo that ship has sailed.

Garrett

Sep 15, 2006
Fred Couples has the best swing for sure.

All this talk of Sergio??? What a horrible swing.

benk

Ben
Dec 4, 2006
asdf

Fred couples? Interesting choice. How is sergio's swing horrible? He is only one of the best ballstrikers in the world.

🔥 Latest posts