• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your first eagle?

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
First eagle was at a 9 hole muni that no longer exists. 505 yd par 5 dog leg left. Three wood, five wood, chip in from just left of the green. I remember because I jokingly said I didn't feel like putting that hole. Since then I have had more than my fair share of them, most recent was three weeks ago (the last time I played golf) 525 yd par five Driver - 8iron to 4 ft.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
I've been a single digit for about 15 years, maybe slightly more, so I have no idea how many I have had, or my first. My most memorable was from a High School Tournament, 9th hole, a relatively short par for with an uphill second shot that was partially blind (could see the top half of the flag). I had recently switched to Titleist Tour balata balls, and after a big drive. I had 105 left from light rough on the right. About 20 people had gathered around the last green waking for the final scores to come in. I was playing #2 that day I think. Hit it right over the top of the flag and sucked it back into the cup. The yells coming from the green told us what happened. I embarrassingly couldn't find my ballmark, and had to be directed by my teammates to it. Didn't think inhad spun it that much.

Others have come on par 5's with the traditional putt for 3, several chip INS on par 5's as well. Three more hole outs from the fairway on par 4's. No aces though. A handful inside amfoot however. One on the damn lip!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Haven't had one yet, been close a number of times but never could seal the deal.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Haven't had one yet, been close a number of times but never could seal the deal.

It's a great feeling when it finally happens Wi. I lamented to my teaching pro a few years back about always putting short on Eagle putts. He impressed on me not to think of it as an Eagle putt. He said that you treat it (in your mind) as what it is - a short putt, a mid-range putt or a long putt, and go from there.

MrGolf91

Dec 1, 2010
Had my first eagle a couple weeks ago on a par 5 at my local course. I hit a Driver then 2iron and hit a 60 pw and bounced hit the pin and rand down the pin.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.