• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your most embarrassing shot.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Hi all--

I'll just let this scorecard do the talking. Keep in mind that this league stops counting strokes at double par - in this case, no more than 8 per hole. :D

It was no help that the sprinkler went off right under my @$$ while I was lining up an approach shot on #11. :(

aimg717.imageshack.us_img717_5938_imag0256xz.jpg

Illusionist

Sep 10, 2012
At the top of this thread/post, WMitch6 stated "Everyone remembers their great shots but how about the not so great ones? ......." I would rephrase that to Everyone remembers their LUCKY shots but how about the not so great ones? Because if we hare honest with ourselves and not allow our EGO's ( golf is a game of EGO's after all)to blind us, when all is said and done, the truly great shots are more luck than skill for the typical average player (which would be everyone here) I have even heard the Pro's state on many occasion's when remarking about particular shots in a tournament, that they got lucky, that they were just trying to get the ball on the green.

But any , thanks for swallowing your pride and sharing your bad shots.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Hit one into the woods, but not too far in and not OB. Had a straight line at the green between two trees that really weren't close together, and shouldn't have been in my line.

I hit one of the trees and the ball came screaming back at me. I immediately hit the dirt. When I looked up, my buddy was rolling on the ground trying hard not to pee himself.

Found my ball, played it out sideways...

🔥 Latest posts