• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Quirk

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Do you have any quirks out there on the golf course? I don't mean the regular ones like playing even balls on even days, and vice versa(I do that though). Quirks that you don't see people doing, something more unique to you.

My two I can think of are:

A) I used to wear sunglasses when I played, did so for a while, and decided not to last year. However, I always wear sunglasses on my hat, and upside down, with the lenses up and the top of the glasses on the brim. They are always there, and never go on my face until I take my ball out of the 18th cup. :)

B) Every shirt I played a tournament in had #17 sewn on it somewhere. When I was #17 in baseball my team took 2nd place in state, and I played my 2 favorite positions. 1st base and catcher. Then my best year racing was when I actually got 17 on my race bike. I figure its good karma for me, and it was always my favorite number.

Let's her em for you guys.

irfan

May 6, 2007
ive got this quirk where i always have to screw up my second shot after a nice drive. just cant play without it.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I always HAVE to start a round with a brand new ball, even if I'm happy to go to a used one if I lose the new one or have to change balls for any reason.

And I always feel totally wrong unless I have two spare golfballs in my right pocket. I've no idea why, but it always feels strange if I don't have them there. Even having just one there gets into my head and messes with my concentration...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
If my driver doesn't go at least 150yds. I have to hit it again off the deck.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Car keys, wallet and everything else in my pockets must go in the bag. Then tees, ball marker and glove go in right pocket and two balls (good ball and water ball) go in left pocket. Need my new Shottalk or Ping hats and I'm ready. And I also have the screw up the second shot after a good drive quirk. :D

Dewey_1011

Apr 19, 2007
sunglasses are my quirk too, I also wear them upside down just like that on my hat but I put them back on after every shot or putt. I never hit a ball with them on.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
My ball marker. 1961 nickel i found in a parking lot of my first tourney this year, came back with a 32 back nine to take 3rd place. I lost it one day on my home course and retracked my steps 4 holes backwards before I found it.

Also wear my sunglasses on the back of my hat upside down when not on my face, never put them in the bag (on days i actually bring them out).

Only play certain shirts in tourneys, can never wear a brand new shirt in a tourney, they have to play at least 5 rounds before getting into a tournament.

And my hat, i ALWAYS wear my Black/white Titleist mesh hat.

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
Maybe these aren't that odd but I never remove my glove during the round, I keep my tee stuck under my hat on my temple and nothing in my pockets at all. My marker coin goes on the inside of my ballcap inside the sweat band.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I like the last one Sean, it also lets you check for lice. :D

That's pretty sweet Scotty, my marker is always the same, an Illinois quarter I stole from my brother when I was in Chicago.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
I don't know how you guys keep track of things like that, I lose ball markers in the middle of the round let alone over months at a time.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Four old nickels in my right pocket to mark my ball on the green. Never two, three, or five. Must be four. Don't know why. It just is.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Mine is always in my pocket, and at the apartment I have a little blue box in the kitched that holds all of my golf stuff, :D

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I can't play with anything in my front left pocket. I will think about it while I'm swinging if I do.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.