• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Quirk

SunnyDaze

Dec 11, 2006
Amazing how so many of us have a lot of the same issues....!

- spare golf ball in right rear pocket (started doing it this winter to help speed of play as mentioned earlier, but this may stop as I don't find it comfortable)
- long and short tees in right front pocket with coins and repair tool (can't have fewer than 2 long tees left in the pocket)
- nothing in left rear pocket
- nail clipper and chapstick in left front pocket
- clubs HAVE to be organized, cleaned and covered after each shot
- shirt has to be tucked in
- have to tug up my shirt shoulders before swinging the club
- don't add up the score until finished
- always play the whole round with the same ball type

and I'm sure there are more!

Alphanumega

Sep 15, 2006
-never have anything in pockets
-never bring more than one ball to the tee
-mark and line up my ball
-mark my ball with a history channel coin

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Amazing how so many of us have a lot of the same issues....!

- spare golf ball in right rear pocket (started doing it this winter to help speed of play as mentioned earlier, but this may stop as I don't find it comfortable)
- long and short tees in right front pocket with coins and repair tool (can't have fewer than 2 long tees left in the pocket)
- nothing in left rear pocket
- nail clipper and chapstick in left front pocket
- clubs HAVE to be organized, cleaned and covered after each shot
- shirt has to be tucked in
- have to tug up my shirt shoulders before swinging the club
- don't add up the score until finished
- always play the whole round with the same ball type

and I'm sure there are more!

Now THAT's a quirk. Why would you keep a nail clipper in your pocket during a round of golf? Most of the other "quirks" I've read in this thread are not so much "quirky" as they are ways of organizing things - kind of like one would organize a workshop.

Carrying a nail clipper is, well, different...:laugh:

SunnyDaze

Dec 11, 2006
Now THAT's a quirk. Why would you keep a nail clipper in your pocket during a round of golf.

Carrying a nail clipper is, well, different...:laugh:

I have NO idea why. I've always carried one (not just during golf) - had the same one for many years until it fell out somewhere and I lost it. I started with a little gold plated pocket knife that was a gift, but it was borrowed and not returned a long time ago and it needed to be replaced. I guess this is part of organization for me - I have no where else to put my stuff - my wife takes up all the bathroom space with her stuff!

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
Oh man I don't think I read this one but I can't ever use the same color glove twice. For example, I used to have a Black Nike Tech xtreme that lasted about 5 months then I went to FJ for like 2 months (white) Back to the Nike Tech xtreme for 3 months (black) back to the FJ (white).

Nothing in the back pockets.
Same glasses every round no exception.
Before everyshot say "quiet lower body" and "like a hot knife through butter"

That last one is great :laugh: helps me hit those really long shots.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Do I carry anything odd?

Momentos from previous tournaments, I guess. You can find 6 year old green sheets in my bag, :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Prior to every tournament round:
  • I exclusively wear red boxer shorts worn inside out
  • I consume volcanic dust sprinkled over my muesli for breakfast
  • I bury my bad swing thoughts in a box in my back garden two hours before tee-off time
  • I hold a 15 min séance with Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones and Jim Morrison before I leave for the golf course
  • I empty my bowels before every round in my downstairs toilet. I wipe anti-clockwise 4 times when finished. I cannot play with turd build-up. Clockwise wiping leads to the Yips
  • I drive to the course listening to Winston Churchill motivational tapes to psyche myself up
  • I undertake 30 mins of stretching and yoga related exercise prior to swinging a club
  • I hit seven fades, seven draws and a shank as part of my warm-up
  • I make sure to hole 5 six inch putts for confidence building purposes before I approach the 1st tee.
  • I spit inside my glove before putting it on. Once I have my glove on I never take it off during the round until finished.
  • I tighten my belt three notches to force more blood into my brain
  • I mentally scream Geronimo before every swing.
  • I caress my nipples which lining up my putts for additional focus.
  • I carry a Bowie knife with me at all times, strapped to my leg
    I refuse to have a caddy, lest they take away any of the glory of a good round
Outside that I think I'm fairly normal.

This is some of the finest material ever posted here....It's 7 am, I am alone in the office with a cup of green tea and laughing my ass off....:laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
  • I empty my bowels before every round in my downstairs toilet. I wipe anti-clockwise 4 times when finished. I cannot play with turd build-up. Clockwise wiping leads to the Yips.

OMG, that was some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. I cut this part out because I wondered whether you would get the yips playing in the southern hemisphere. Doesn't everything swirl clockwise there?

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
This is some of the finest material ever posted here....It's 7 am, I am alone in the office with a cup of green tea and laughing my ass off....:laugh:

I gotta agree, I had to quit drinking my coffee to protect my monitor. :laugh:

I am starting to suspect IG used to write for Monty Python when he was a wee lad. :D

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Prior to every tournament round:
  • I exclusively wear red boxer shorts worn inside out
  • I consume volcanic dust sprinkled over my muesli for breakfast
  • I bury my bad swing thoughts in a box in my back garden two hours before tee-off time
  • I hold a 15 min séance with Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones and Jim Morrison before I leave for the golf course
  • I empty my bowels before every round in my downstairs toilet. I wipe anti-clockwise 4 times when finished. I cannot play with turd build-up. Clockwise wiping leads to the Yips
  • I drive to the course listening to Winston Churchill motivational tapes to psyche myself up
  • I undertake 30 mins of stretching and yoga related exercise prior to swinging a club
  • I hit seven fades, seven draws and a shank as part of my warm-up
  • I make sure to hole 5 six inch putts for confidence building purposes before I approach the 1st tee.
  • I spit inside my glove before putting it on. Once I have my glove on I never take it off during the round until finished.
  • I tighten my belt three notches to force more blood into my brain
  • I mentally scream Geronimo before every swing.
  • I caress my nipples which lining up my putts for additional focus.
  • I carry a Bowie knife with me at all times, strapped to my leg
    I refuse to have a caddy, lest they take away any of the glory of a good round
Genius, pure gold.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.