• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your reward for LOSING your temper

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I haven't lost it like I lost it today in many years.

And I paid for it.

Lately, I have been putting like crap. Well not really. They just won't go in the hole. Barely missing putts for about three months.

Today on the front side, I missed four birdie putts and made one. Shot five over.

Hole number ten is a uphill Par 3 with a two tier green. If the pin is on the front and you hit your tee shot onto the upper level, the odds of getting the ball to stop when you putt back down to the lower level are low.

So the pin is up today. 175 yards uphill on the front of the green.

I take out five iron and smoke it about 185 and am on the back of the upper level.

I MUST hit my putt so that hit just barely barely has enough momentum to roll off the upper level - down the slope - so that it will stop on the lower.

Its about 25 feet to the edge.

I hit what I think is a great putt and the ball stops on the very top of the slope. Two revolutions to reach the point where the ball will fall on its own gravity to the lower level.

I am PISSED.

I am about 15 feet from the hole and about 3 feet above it in elevation standing on the top level.

Barely stroke it and the ball almost rolls off the front. I have an 8 footer coming back for bogey.

Miss it for a Four Putt.

I am so pissed that I take my putter and slam it into the side of my bag.

We play the next hole (I tee off with Driver) and I take a bogey after missing yet another makeable 10 footer.

So we are teeing off on the 12th. A short Par 4.

I take out my precious Sonartec ss-03 14.

Walk to the tee box and take a very small practice swing.

The club snaps in half.

Wonderful.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Or bowling. ;)

I have to laugh.....when your low all time score is 95 (me..hehe) you just don't expect to make birdie putts of any sort so the temper thing never really comes into play.

Tomorrow is a new day Bravo.....besides, who can reasonably expect to do well in the sweltering, humid Alabama air anyway?

I'll have to tell you about my Alabama experience some day. ;)

One other thing......
We need an entry in the classifieds section.....wanna put your clubs in? :D

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
Or bowling. ;)

I have to laugh.....when your low all time score is 95 (me..hehe) you just don't expect to make birdie putts of any sort so the temper thing never really comes into play.

Tomorrow is a new day Bravo.....besides, who can reasonably expect to do well in the sweltering, humid Alabama air anyway?

I'll have to tell you about my Alabama experience some day. ;)

One other thing......
We need an entry in the classifieds section.....wanna put your clubs in? :D

No clubs for sale at this point. Gotta fix the ones I have...

Just came back from the clubfitting store.

Gonna cost $63 to have a new Penley shaft and Winn grip put back on my club.

Makes me sick.

Yeah I have lived here almost all my life and frankly - August sucks. It's just so hot....I play very early and by Noon the heat index is about 95.

But, we are lucky that we have four (true) seasons - each one about 3 months long. We will have a long and beautiful Fall that will start in about 3 weeks and take us up past Thanksgiving. So ya take the good with the bad...

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I drove once to Pensacola from CT.

Took the scenic route and went through Alabama from one end to the other. It was striking in that the section I traveled looked like puke (pretty much the whole northern half) until I got through Montgomery.....then the state just unfolded and became really pretty.

I was pulled over by a state trooper at one point and I'll be damned if I could understand a single word he said..........He gave me a speeding ticket anyway....LOL!

I was stationed in Pensacola and the Bama girls would come down to the beach for vacation and I am here to tell you that there is nothing hotter than an Alabama 20 year old on summer vacation....I love the accent on those girls...some of them almost made me stop breathing.

We have heat and humidity up here (have a look at the guy's in the Buick Championship right now) but nothing like August down there.

Maybe you could light the course and play at night. :)

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Yes the accents can get quite thick.

We moved here from Chicago when I was five so I learned to talk in Illinois but definitely have a southern accent.

And yes there are some very good looking females in this neck of the woods.

Your trip sounds interesting as the Northern part of the state is foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and the southern part is a Coastal Plain.

I can see 11 miles from my home course in the "puke" part of the state in the North and we have very pretty Fall seasons due to the hardwood trees. New Englanders who live here say that while nothing matches Fall in New England -this is a pretty close second.

The photos I have been posting are of courses in the Birmingham area. Since there is virtually not a square mile of flat land here - these courses are almost always known for nice vistas if not views of several miles.

If you come back this way - let me know and we'll tee it up...

Jeff Gallo

Swing Guru
Aug 26, 2004
Bravo said:
No clubs for sale at this point. Gotta fix the ones I have...

Just came back from the clubfitting store.

Gonna cost $63 to have a new Penley shaft and Winn grip put back on my club.

Makes me sick.

DO IT YOURSELF!!
thatll knock about $20 off the cost. Find a buddy to pull the shaft or borrow his shaft extractor. Go to a clubmaker and buy the shaft and get a ferrule. its not hard and I have been doing it for years now, itll save you a lot of money for just a little trouble.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Jeff Gallo said:
DO IT YOURSELF!!
thatll knock about $20 off the cost. Find a buddy to pull the shaft or borrow his shaft extractor. Go to a clubmaker and buy the shaft and get a ferrule. its not hard and I have been doing it for years now, itll save you a lot of money for just a little trouble.

I would really like to learn how to do this. I'd hate to screw it up though.

Maybe it's something I can focus on soon.....

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
bdcrowe said:
Bravo. It is rewarding, and not as hard as you may believe.

www.swingweight.com

Go there....

bd:

Thanks for coming over. We need you here.

I will visit the clubmaking site but am not confident enough to give it a try yet.

I am afraid I'd buy a $60 shaft and end up with glue all over everything.

Kind of like when its Christmas Eve and the directions say: "Can be assembled with common tools in less than an hour".

I end up asleep at 4 AM pissed off and drunk.

In Britain - this means the same thing.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Bravo said:
bd:

Thanks for coming over. We need you here.

I will visit the clubmaking site but am not confident enough to give it a try yet.

I am afraid I'd buy a $60 shaft and end up with glue all over everything.

Kind of like when its Christmas Eve and the directions say: "Can be assembled with common tools in less than an hour".

I end up asleep at 4 AM pissed off and drunk.

In Britain - this means the same thing.
LOL. Most Christmases I fall asleep drunk, and the wife falls asleep pissed off. We split the responsibilities.

🔥 Latest posts