• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your set makeup

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 w/TP kit
TaylorMade R7 TP 5 wood 17.5 degree (this is closer to a 4 wood in my opinion which is why I like it)
TaylorMade RAC OS 2 iron(occasionally I'll switch out with a TaylorMade Burner Tour 1 iron)
Taylormade RAC TP 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP Wedges 52 and 60 degree
Scotty Cameron 1st of 500 Newport 2

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
my signature... i don't really have gaps because i'm good at laying off one club, or squeezing a few extra yards out of another when needed. i don't use my 5 wood much due to the fact that i love my 3 so much, but i'd say the biggest gap is between my 5 wood and 4 iron. with the 4 iron going around 190, and the 5 wood going 215. but i wouldn't even think of changing anything right now

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I am in the same boat with a 3-wood. Have an MD with Graph. Prolaunch Blue, but I feel I am hitting the thing too high. I SO want a Mizuno MP001 with Graphaloy Blue, but just can't afford it at the moment.Have club fees to pay, and am holidaying in Portugal on a golfing trip in two week's time.

Current set-up is...

* Taylor Made R7 9.5 with Tour Stiff Speeder shaft. Set for Low Neutral flight.
* MD Superstrong Players 3-wood with Pured Graph. Prolaunch 65S shaft.
* Mizuno 7-wood bent to 18* with Graphaloy Blue 'S' cut mostly at tip from a driver length shaft.

Taylor Made 300 series forged iron with Rifle Flighted 6.0 shafts.**

Taylor Made Black Gap Wedge 52*
Cleveland 900 series gun metal 56* wedge with Rifle Spinner shaft.

Taylor Made Monza Corsa putter 35in.

FJ DryIce / Sci-Flex medium glove ;)

** In a few weeks time this will be changing to Mizuno MP60's with Rifle 6.0/6.5, 2 degrees upright, 1 inch longer than standard & one extra layer of tape. CANNOT WAIT !!!!!! :) :d :) :d :)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I have got Bravo beat! 5 headcovers in the bag!

Driver: Snake Eyes Viper Ti-4 430cc 10.5*, Graffalloy Comp NT 65 R-flex
3-Wood: Golfsmith Jetstream Black Box 15*, Fujikua Vista Pro 70 R-Flex
18* Hybrid: Snake Eyes Quick Strike Tour, RP Rifle 5.5
21* Hybrid: Snake Eyes Quick Strike Tour, RP Rifle 5.5
24* Hybrid: Snake Eyes Quick Strike Tour, RP Rifle 5.5
5-PW: Golfsmith Tour Cavity Pro (older version in 304 steel), RP Rifle 5.5
GW: 52* Snake Eyes Forged, RP Rifle Spinner 5.5
SW: 58* Snake Eyes Forged, RP Rifle Spinner 5.5
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 33"/350g

Addional Clubs that sometimes get swapped into the bag: GS Tour Cavity Pro 3 & 4 irons, SE Forged 56* & 60*, Snake Eyes Forged GBU 56* (new SW with a large radiused sole, still experimenting with this,) Odyssey 2-Ball Tour weighted/lined 33" (has not seen the bag since the Scotty was bought.)

I also just reshafted my Harvey Penick Weedcutter Strong 3 and Strong 5 woods with RP Rifle 4.5 shafts that I am going to experiment with possibly replaceing the Jestream BB 3W and the 18* Hybrid.

At some point this year, my irons will be replaced with Snake Eyes Viper Tour irons 5-GW shafted with RP Rifle 5.5's. All the components are in the garage just waiting to be assembled, but I have a few more swing weighting experiments to perform before I get those bad boys assembled.

I have also been experimenting with JB's Spine Tool with all my new clubs and reshafts. Currently I have the SE GBU 56*, the 2 Penick Weedcutters, and another SE 600T 3-wood that I have used the spine tool on with encouraging results. The Viper Ti-4 was SST PURED and the Spine Tool has been producing similar results in the clubs that I have tested so far.

crabby

Aug 22, 2005
I just switched from an old set of MacGregor Mt colokrom irons and MacGregor DX persimmon woods that I bought 20 some years ago.

In my bag:
Callaway 2004 Big Bertha Titaium driver 10* stock graphite shaft firm
Sornartec SS-02 14* 3 wood stock graphite stiff
Sonartec SS-02 19* 5 wood stock graphite shaft stiff
Adams GT2 tight lies 3-PW stiff
Nike 56-16 wedge
Tom Watson 60-10 lob wedge
PGA T-line IV putter that I have used since the late 70's
a few golf balls
a few tees
and some hard candy (fireballs, rootbeer barrels or whatever I have at the time)

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I would advise you to "switch" again an' take that GBB outta your bag and get something up-to-date. You will only thank me for it.

Looks like Rifle shafts are popular amongst board users. I defo prefer 'em to DG shafts, and can't understand DG being so promiently used on Tour. I would choose Rifles any day of the week, tbh....

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
My set up is in my signature, I absolutely love the 905s with v2. I am recently experimenting with the lie of my irons and contemplating longer shafts, and the only shafts I'll use are rifles. I think I'm the only one that doesn't carry a hybrid or five wood, I am even thinking about adding a 2 iron to my bag, now thats something you dont hear anymore:)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Andy_79 said:
I would advise you to "switch" again an' take that GBB outta your bag and get something up-to-date. You will only thank me for it.

There isn't anyone in this post that has an original GBB in their bag, Andy.

Started early this morning, haven't we! :D

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.