• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"You're toast...."

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Robert Irvine, Food Network chef, challenged the Sergeant Major of the Army to a cook off to be held tonight at Ft. Campbell. The SMA asked around the Pentagon if anyone knew someone who could cook at Ft. Campbell. Seems the SMA isn't that good of a cook and wanted a Sous Chef. He thought maybe he'd need to take someone from the Pentagon with him.
I guess everyone he asked at the Pentagon told him SSG Williams at Ft. Campbell is the best there is. So, after a couple of phone calls, our son will be Sous Chef in a cook off against Robert Irvine tonight. It's not televised, even though it's called "Robert Irvine Live".
Irvine was at Ft. Campbell, today, giving a cooking class to military spouses. Our daughter-in-law attended, met Irvine, and told him her hubby was going to show him up tonight. So, Irvine signed a program from this afternoon's event for her to give to our son before the event.
12654401_10205139534836847_6343542903645442014_n.jpg

I think the DIL is more "wired" about this event than our son. He's been in numerous American Culinary Society competitions over the past years. There is one entire wall in their home that has his ribbons, medals, and awards... many from cooking competitions. He'll have lots of fun with this one.......

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Well, they had a blast. SMA Dailey is a hoot, as is Robert Irvine. The auditorium was packed. Was an evening that the son and his wife will never forget.
DIL sent a number of phone videos during the event. We hope the entire event was recorded and will be able to be seen. But, we don't know.
When the boy was at the Pentagon, he had an "incident" where he had to fire someone two grades above him. The offender told him to go pound sand. The SMA at that time, SMA Chandler, backed the boy and the guy was gone within minutes. Now, to meet and have fun with his second SMA.....

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.