• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You've Got to love Golf Shop staff

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
How can you make a head in China, make the shaft in the USA and assemble it in the USA.

I'm thinking they probably have the shop built on top of a large slow barge. And they have it parked in a Chinese harbor when they start making the putters. The boat leaves the harbor and makes its way across the ocean and pulls into an American harbor just as they are finishing the club. And that's how it can be made in both China and America and yet be all one piece. Yeah, that's it. Obviously.

JeffGallo

Apr 23, 2008
but i will concede that most pro shop folks dont know enough about what they're selling.

but then again, these days, every club design is doing the safe stuff, four years ago it was COR, three years ago it was low CG, two years ago it was which shafts come standard and who had the lowest spin rate, the last year its been MOI, either, a club is offering you help, or its letting you feel the ball better. all that technology really exists, they do design and build clubs around it, but its getting less exciting lately, every manufacturer is making the same clubs these days
which is why i hate to hear, that when one of them really is doing something original, (i.e. welding head to shaft) some folks think its a lie, that they dont really do it that way.

Just my two cents

JeffGallo

Apr 23, 2008
sorry to ramble on, but really Buddy, you are way off with that epoxy business, the difference is that the unitized putter DOESNT use epoxy

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
Kinda like one piece composite hockey sticks, which most all are just blades and shafts fused together.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I was going to say that FCF. With some one piece hockey sticks, if only the blade breaks and the shafts in good condition, I'll grind around the hosel, give it some heat and pop the blade right out...and it's said to be a "one-piece" stick. It's somewhat false advertising, but we're all subject to this many times, doesn't matter what we're buying.

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
Somebody, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there alot of putters that have the hosel welded onto the club. Or are you talking about the shaft actually being welded on? I can't say because I actually don't think that I have seen one other than pictures.

🔥 Latest posts