• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Zach Johnson Is Golf Boss of Chicagoland

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Zach Johnson (jrodmanjr)​
THIRD-ROUND LEADER JIM FURYK may be the newest Mr. 59, but Zach Johnson was the boss on Monday at the rain-delayed BMW Championship. Johnson shot a bogey-free 65 to overtake Furyk and win the third leg of the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

Johnson said it was his best round in a long time. He posted 64, 70, 69 and 65 for a total of 268 and a two-stroke victory over hard-charging Nick Watney, who closed with a 64.

The Iowan and 10-time PGA Tour winner now heads to Atlanta with a chance to win it all. Moving up 23 spots thanks to his 16-under performance at Conway Farms, Johnson is fourth in the FedEx Cup points race.

Here's how things stand:

1. Tiger Woods (4,352)
2. Henrik Stenson (4,229)
3. Adam Scott (4,122)
4. Zach Johnson (3,843)
5. Matt Kuchar (3,330)
6. Steve Stricker (3,180)
7. Graham DeLaet (3,011)
8. Phil Mickelson (2,939)
9. Justin Rose (2,842)
10. Brandt Snedeker (2,726)

Any of the top five players can claim the $10 million FedEx Cup by winning this week's finale, the Tour Championship at East Lake Golf Club.

"I'm not sure I fully grasp it," Johnson said about his 10 wins in 10 seasons on the PGA Tour.

"The parity on the Tour and in the world is second to none. I'm just thankful it has been 10 years, and hopefully many more."

Source: Zach Johnson Is Golf Boss of Chicagoland

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.