• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

!!!ZOMG!!! Rare video of TEA's swing.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
takeaway, extension, plane,
This is what concerned me. Looks like I take it back way inside to a closed top, then loop it around to come in high. Obviously I can't feel that happening, but the plane going back is different than the plane coming down. Wondering if I should work on making it a single plane...?

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
This is what concerned me. Looks like I take it back way inside to a closed top, then loop it around to come in high. Obviously I can't feel that happening, but the plane going back is different than the plane coming down. Wondering if I should work on making it a single plane...?

All that matters is ball flight and distance control. Don't change your swing based on a video version of what you think it should look like. Change your swing if you can't control vector and/or distance. I have a buddy who says "I want my swing to look like yours". I said - nobody cares what your swing looks like if the ball goes where you want it to go and you can chip and putt. Play the game of golf, not the game of pretty swing.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Nice swing, but Splunge has a better ass.
alan_rick_hd00001_by_x7994-d6y0ral.gif

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
All that matters is ball flight and distance control. Don't change your swing based on a video version of what you think it should look like. Change your swing if you can't control vector and/or distance. I have a buddy who says "I want my swing to look like yours". I said - nobody cares what your swing looks like if the ball goes where you want it to go and you can chip and putt. Play the game of golf, not the game of pretty swing.
So....
Or, if at 40 years old with 30+ years of golf behind me, I just STFU and hit the ball however my body wants to.
Got it. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It baffles me why amateurs... folks who supposedly play this game for recreation/entertainment/frustration/enjoyment/to get away from the wife for a few hours seem to think they will become better golfers by honing a "perfect" swing. They don't draw pictures on a scorecard!! I don't care whether you get the ball to the hole 6" off the ground or 16 feet in the air... the goal is to get it in the hole with the fewest number of strokes. IMHO, trying to rework a swing for we who have difficulty repeating a swing week to week... day to day... swing to swing is an exercise in futility.

At a few months from turning 70 years old, I'll put my golf game up against most others my age... and quite a few younger. I cannot count the times I've been told "Your swing looks like Jim Furyk!" No it doesn't! Furyk's is a loop from outside to in. Mine is a loop from inside to out to in to out to... who knows where. It's more like Ray Floyd's than Jim Furyk's. I signed up once in my life to take lessons. The pro had me hit a few balls. He shook his head and told me I would need to see him weekly for at least 2 months so he could rework my swing and get it where I could play golf. I never went back and never took another lesson.

We watch too many pros on television and read too many blogs on the 'net. Our mind gets to the point where we have paralysis through over-analysis. Just go hit the ball!!! As Pennick said, "Miss it quick!"

I see these guys on tee boxes taking a half-dozen practice swings. Most can no more copy the nice smooth practice swing when they come out of their shoes trying to show off their Daly-esque distance. Picture the shot. Walk up and hit the stupid ball!!! Go find it. Hit it again. Quit worrying about a picture-perfect swing.

End of rant... No it's not!!!!

I am as athletic as a 3-legged giraffe. Tried to go out for sports in high school because the small school needed warm bodies on teams. I still sat on the bench. I was extremely fat, wore pop-bottle thick glasses, and a snail could outrun me. Hated sports!! In the very early 1980's, we went to Minnesota for one of my wife's grandparents funeral. Two of her uncles asked me if I wanted to go play golf with them. Huh?? I told them I would walk along just to get out of the house.
There I was walking with them on a Country Club 9-hole course. Cowboy boots... sleeveless "snap-button" western shirt... cigarettes stuck in the front right snap pocket... wearing my "Link Belt Cranes" cap. Sorta got the bug. Came home and traded a S&W K15 Combat Masterpiece .38 Special for a used set of MacGregors at a pawn shop. Just think of the thousands of dollars I might have saved had I kept the handgun and never taken up this dastardly game!!! But, I found it was something I could enjoy with friends/co-workers/family members and I've never looked back. I'll never know what a single-plane/two-plane/etc. swing is. And, it doesn't worry me in the least. I have other things much more important to worry about... like hoping I can just find my way back home from the course!!!!:D

Now... end of rant...............

🔥 Latest posts