• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

'08 On Course Goals

I had a bad year last summer overall so this fall got the "four magic moves" package which has really made a difference when I do it right. More distance, straighter and cleaner hits. I'm working all this winter on "doing it right" most of the time and if I can should se my scores drop a couple of strokes.... :)

Putting putting putting...

1.reduce the number of putts/round.
2.Hitting the green between 130 and 200 yards out
3.Practice my bunker play, i can get out, now i just need to get close

Practice, practice, practice my chipping, pitching, and putting; use course management (instead of whack away mentality); re-establish a handicap to work off of as I haven't carried one in a long time (again, focus factor); one eagle for 2008. Enjoy the time I have been blessed with to play golf (don't get angry or frustrated).

Good luck to all!:)

RJ

I am hoping with the new bag and some practice I can dip into the 80's on a more consistant basis.Also I want to play as many different courses I can in the year!

At age 61, approaching 62, I know the age/ability "line" if quickly approaching. I will probably not ever get much better... But, can I keep from allowing age to detrimentially affect the ability to score at this game?

20 years ago, I took this game far too seriously. Have evolved to enjoying this, often frustrating, game. As the attitude has become more relaxed and the game more enjoyable, the ability to score has become enhanced. Played some of the best and most consistent golf of my life this past year!

The nemisis of my game, this past year, was putting. My putting plain stunk! Carded many 81's to 83's with 4 to 6 putts missed under 4'. That MUST stop! That MUST change!

So, my goals are relatively simple... Keep the same consistency tee to green that I enjoyed this past year. Continue to hone my wedges and short irons so I can put the ball closer to the hole. Find a %$#@& putter that I can learn to appreciate and love because I feel confident it will make those money putts when it's relied upon!

Consistently play in the 80's by improving my fairways/greens hit in regulation. Play more than last year, and get my kids playing more.

Keep stats religiously.
Take one lesson a month.
Get handicap to 15.

my main goal is a bogey free round. I would also liek to get my personal best round down to around 65 or so. I plan on doing this by trying to 70% or greens, and average fewer than 30 putts per round.

Work on the short game & attempt to eliminate the horrible chips that have plagued me.

Aye, I have more physical goals then anything.

Gain 3-5Mph swing speed
Not shoot a round above 80
win my school tournament
break par from the Q-school Tees at OCN
Play college golf next year with piper at ncwc
beat piper 8 days a week at said school.

Break 70 in a tournament
Win a Tournament
Make the NCAA D2 nationals

Make more putts, get up and down more often and make more pars. Continue to work on the swing and follow 5 lessons as my guide.

Aye, I have more physical goals then anything.

Gain 3-5Mph swing speed
Not shoot a round above 80
win my school tournament
break par from the Q-school Tees at OCN
Play college golf next year with piper at ncwc
beat piper 8 days a week at said school.

Damn rights for number 5, and i will have the pleasure of taking the spot right in front of you on the team boy-o.:D

On Course Goals for 08:

-Get handicap down to single figures or at worst a 12 (currently 17).
-Have no more than 1 double bogey per round.
-Work on my tempo, it's way to fast.
-Better course management.
-Qualify for intermediate club champs, or if my handicap doesn't get below 15 win the junior club champs.
-Win the trophy for most improved player (all handicaps) again, that was a good feeling picking up that one in 07.
-Continue to work on my swing (finishing it would be a good start!:real angry::laugh:)

Best wishes to you all in 08.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423