• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2013 Presidents Cup Predictions

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
THE 10TH PRESIDENTS CUP BEGINS TOMORROW (Thursday) at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, Ohio. The United States has dominated the series, winning seven, losing one and tying one.

I expect the United States will win again this week. They are definitely more relaxed at the Presidents Cup, which has produced some great performances. They have a strong team with a nice mixture of veterans and youth. The Americans may be eager to prove themselves after the embarrassing Ryder Cup loss at Medinah last fall. The Europeans stole that one. (Or the Yanks gave it away.)

More: 2013 Presidents Cup Teams

This isn't the Ryder Cup, though. A Presidents Cup victory isn't the same. Sorry.

Experts (staff and contributors at PGATour.com) have weighed in. Seven of 10 are picking the United States. A few say it will be close but that the U.S. team is deep and won't lose on home soil. Maybe. Maybe not.

Sean Martin, along with two others, is a contrarian. He's picking the Internationals.

Martin: "Europe won the Ryder Cup for the first time on U.S. soil in 1987 at ... Muirfield Village. It's a good omen for a big upset."

Picking the United States, Bill Cooney offered this telling stat: "Five Americans ranked inside the top 25 in strokes gained-putting; only two Internationals ranked in the top 75."

Who will be making the putts this weekend?

The Opening Ceremony is later today (Wednesday). From PresidentsCup.com:
Emceed by Dan Hicks of NBC Sports, Opening Ceremony will feature U.S. Team Captain Fred Couples and International Team Captain Nick Price and their teams, as well as speeches from World Golf Hall of Famer Jack Nicklaus; PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem; and a video message from U.S. President Barack Obama, honorary chairman of The Presidents Cup 2013.
Attendees will enjoy a brief fireworks display as the stage is reset for a special performance by American country-music group Rascal Flatts (two of three members hail from Columbus).​
The competition gets under way with foursomes matches on Thursday morning. Golf Channel and NBC will televise the four days of matches.

Source: 2013 Presidents Cup Predictions

I used to like the concept of the Presidents Cup but after seeing the Internationals consistently beaten, I've sorta lost interest.

My prediction for the event? A convincing win to the USA team (again).

I can take it or leave it. I like it slightly less than the old skills challenge.

The event I miss most about the PGA Tour is the Merrill Lynch Shootout they held on Wednesdays. Start with 10 golfers and eliminate 1 each hole until one man is left.
That was cool.

The USA team leads by one point after Day 1.

afbcdn_sphotos_a_a.akamaihd.net_hphotos_ak_prn2_1382097_725887957425444_334298270_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520