• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2014 FedEx Playoffs - Tour Championship

Everybody up here loves the local boy Ben Crane, but I always thought he was an arrogant douche. I don't know why... I guess I just get that vibe from him.
I liked Ben crane when we saw him at the deutche bank. He missed the free long and right on the 4th hole (drive able par 4) an he got it up an down for birdie, there were literally 20 people around that hole, so my dad shouted "nice job Ben!" Walking off the green, near where we stood, he turned, and said "hey thanks man!" And kept walking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • Staff
I liked Ben crane when we saw him at the deutche bank. He missed the free long and right on the 4th hole (drive able par 4) an he got it up an down for birdie, there were literally 20 people around that hole, so my dad shouted "nice job Ben!" Walking off the green, near where we stood, he turned, and said "hey thanks man!" And kept walking.
That's cool. Like I said, I can't really justify why I think he's a tool, I just have that feeling.

• Staff
The wife (Justine Karain) working like a wife should.

NS_24ColonialFRI28_31282826_863218.JPG
I think I see an Adam's Apple on his caddie.

I can't quite work this format out. Someone was quoted this week as saying "it's like playing for monopoly money"! The top 30 have all made at least $2.5m this year in prizemoney (as well as all the sponsorship mulla they get), so it's hardly like a few mil more is the motivational factor here. A field of 30 guys, really?

Give me a major any day. The day 1 "out of nowhere" leader, the Silver Foxes hitting magical shots, all the RazzMaTazz and spectacle that an Open can bring! This gig just looks like a Greed Fest, pandered to by multinational sponsors hoping to get a slice of the action.

OK then, get the job done. Fork out the $12m that Coke is obviously itching to give away. Lets watch Sergio pick his nose 35 times over the next few days and Rory take multiple practice swings. Let's here Butch talk about Tiger ad nauseum. And then lets move on. Give me the Ryder Cup, The Masters or The Open any day over this myopic circus!

(Rant over)

I like the FedEx Cup. It's just another big event worth watching. It's no Major, it's just extra golf that we can watch that wasn't available 10 years ago. I'm not going to get mad if my DVR fails to record it though.

• Staff
Patrick Reed can win the cup if:

• He wins the TOUR Championship
And ...
• No. 1 (Chris Kirk) finishes T-11 or worse
• No. 2 (Billy Horschel) finishes 5th or worse
• No. 3 (Bubba Watson) finishes in a three-way tie for 3rd or worse
• No. 4 (Rory McIlroy) finishes 3rd or worse
• No. 5 (Hunter Mahan) finishes in a three-way tie for 2nd or worse

Totally gonna happen.

I like the FedEx Cup. It's just another big event worth watching. It's no Major, it's just extra golf that we can watch that wasn't available 10 years ago. I'm not going to get mad if my DVR fails to record it though.

You kids and your new fangled VCR's...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back