• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

31 today...

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Reaction score
let me preface this by saying that this could have easily been a 29, if i had made a 3 ftr on 1, and a 2 ftr on 2... not even counting the 3 15 ftrs that i missed, which i cant be too disappointed about, considering i made 1 out of the 4 i had...

a nice round.... missed a 3 footer for bird on 1 after driving the green, the bogied 2, after being on the green in 1, so i 3 putted(par 3).. 2 seems to be my arch nemesis hole.. i rarely birdie it, and i mean rarely, and the last 3 rounds have gone double, double, bogey, for a total of +5 for the last 3 rounds on that hole alone....

anyways, on with the story... i birdied 3 with a nice 15 ft putt poured in the center, then parred 4(par 3) after missing a makeable 15 footer by 2 cm's, it just hung on the lip... birdied 5 after driving the green, then birdied 6 from the 7th tee box... i hit a semi fade, which is unusual for me, considering i normally hook the ball... i hit the nicest wedge to 1 ft, tap in birdie... then parred 7 after missing a 15 ft putt.. birdied 8, again a nice wedge, tap in putt... and cut off the dog leg on 9... 9 measures ~415, so i took it over the trees, and had only ~60 yds in for my 2nd... knockdown GW to 15 ft, and missed the putt by again 2 cm's...

so total, 3 under par, par 34.... the course is medium length, a tad on the short side, with no par 5's...

9/9 GIR.. not bad, actually very good... 2/7 fairways... if you count a driven green as a fairway, which i assume you do... so i hit more greens with the driver than i did actual fairways...:)

Awesome. I hope to do that a couple times this year.

nice round man.

seriously though, you should really look into getting on a membership at a local club. for a junior it shud be easy under 400 bucks for a high quality course. 2 drivable greens on 9 holes for a sub-300 hitter is kinda unreasonable from mens tees IMO. still though, thats some good playing!

nice round man.

seriously though, you should really look into getting on a membership at a local club. for a junior it shud be easy under 400 bucks for a high quality course. 2 drivable greens on 9 holes for a sub-300 hitter is kinda unreasonable from mens tees IMO. still though, thats some good playing!

thanks 19...

and yes, i was supposed to call Columbia CC about a junior membership today, but decided to go golfing instead, and by the time i got home, the office was closed... im gonna call about it tomorrow, and hopefully if the price is right and age ect, ill be paying for a membership by this weekend...

and i have played the course, and man the greens are wicked... super fast, mowed tight, but you can get decent check and spin.. but this was in the fall when everything was really dry, so i imagine the greens arent always that fast...

TBH, i probably will take some time to even break 80 there... last time i shot 40, but that was with a couple mulligans, as i was prepping for a big round for the golf team, and it was really an informal thing...

It's alright, I guess.

You make me sick. Just kidding! That's an awesome round. I can't even imagine what playing golf like that must feel like. I know that when I shot my carreer best 80 it was like I wasn't even playing golf. I was just swinging clubs and the ball was ending up in the hole. Is that how it feels to shoot 31?

You make me sick. Just kidding! That's an awesome round. I can't even imagine what playing golf like that must feel like. I know that when I shot my carreer best 80 it was like I wasn't even playing golf. I was just swinging clubs and the ball was ending up in the hole. Is that how it feels to shoot 31?

for me on that course, im usually swinging my driver alright, there is water on all but 2 holes, but it only comes into play if i were to hit 5 or 6 iron off the tee...

so basically the difference for me, is knocking my wedges tight, and making some putts...

ive actually only broken 80 maybe 10-15 times on a "real" course.. so 62, assuming i were to match my 9 hole score again, is really probably a 74-75 on a nicer course...

forgot to mention... i actually played the same 9 again yesterday(10 minutes after finishing up the 31) but didnt actually keep score, as i randomly met up with my buddy on the 4th tee... i was even thru 4... and then i just didnt bother finishing keeping score... well, i just added it up mentally, and i shot a 33 for the second 9, putting me a 64 for 18...

so my handicap shot down, from 8.3 to 7.2... and the 64 was rated as -.6.... so a couple more rounds like that, and im down to 5 or so...

Even on the easiest courses getting that far under par is an accomplishment. Good 9 holes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520