• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

.335 in a .350 hosel

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
My club maker just put a .335 shaft in a .350 hosel with no shim, he said it was snug, and knew what he had did, when i called today to remind him, but it was too late. It's partially my fault for forgetting to mention it to him. Is there going to be any long term effects?

I'm sure you'll be fine. But if the head flys off, you'll know why. :D

R35

If he used the epoxy with the centering beads you will be ok. Probably even if he didn't as long as he put plenty of epoxy in there.

as long as it snug it shouldnt be any trouble. Both shafts are PT so really no harm.

If he used the epoxy with the centering beads you will be ok. Probably even if he didn't as long as he put plenty of epoxy in there.

Not sure about the centering beads, but he said he used a little bit more epoxy. I'm not too worried, if anything happens, i've been sending him business so, i'm sure he'd fix it.

Thanks for all the responses.

just so you know, a thin layer of epoxy is far stronger than a thick layer when used with golf clubs. Epoxy breaks down fast when its compressed and any movement side to side will compress the epoxy eventually causing it to fail. Tight fit, thin epoxy layer is the strongest build.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54