• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

350 yard drive followed by a 150 yard 3 wood!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha,

Played a match the other night in a gale. Par five of 500 yards played a drive and a wedge. 2 holes later a par three of 150 yards played a RBZ 3 wood! Total madness!

Ball flight is the key to playing in a wind like that, I always wonder at the pros when I see them playing in windy conditions. I really hope the upcoming Irish Open, being played at Royal Portrush throws up more than a gentle breeze. I've tickets for all four days!

Wind is KILLER for me. I hit the ball SOOOO high and have issues keeping the ball low. The most wonderous shot to me is the low draw. As many times as i have tried I have never hit one. Its hard enough for me to keep the ball low.

I can teach you how to hit a low snap hook Jim.

I can count on one hand the number of draws, intentional and not, I have it in my life. 3. One was a nasty snap hook off the tee the cut across 2 fairways and went OB. The other 2 were pure accident.

I can count on one hand the number of draws, intentional and not, I have it in my life. 3. One was a nasty snap hook off the tee the cut across 2 fairways and went OB. The other 2 were pure accident.
So, you were trying to snap hook it across 2 fairways and OB?? :D

Sounds like fun Mark... hopefully you get a full on gale that week :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301