• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

36 walking

johnny

Dec 23, 2008
i walked 36 today (pulling my cart). whew ...tired. is anybody impressed? anybody?...... bueller? that made it ten 18hole rounds in 10 days.

45 yrs ago, i played 100 par 3 holes in one day. round and round i went (as a 15 yr old though).

anybody have any golf endurance stories?

i'm hoping mike1218 see this. hey mike, i sent you a pm.

36 walking, dayum, you've got bigger stones than I do. Me and my oldest step-son did 72 one day riding and I could barely move the next day. And yes, there was massive quantities of adult beverages consumed, so I was not only sore the next day, but also sporting a killer hangover, :laugh:

Me and my oldest step-son did 72 one day riding and I could barely move the next day. :laugh:

jeez, i dunno. i think i'd have to give you the edge for 72 in one day, even if you were riding. thats sounds incredible. just mentally that would be tough. i could tell i was having trouble concentrating on my final 9 today, things like how hard to hit a long lag putt.

jeez, i dunno. i think i'd have to give you the edge for 72 in one day, even if you were riding. thats sounds incredible. just mentally that would be tough. i could tell i was having trouble concentrating on my final 9 today, things like how hard to hit a long lag putt.

I didn't say I was playing good, lol. It was one of those deals, at the end of each round we were tied. "Oh no, we can't let it end with a tie, we have to go around again" ;)

And no, I didn't win, pushed my drive on the next to last hole out of bounds, :faintthud

I think I could manage to walk 36 at the course I work at. Of course, it's less than 1,700 yds for 9 holes.

I can't really call it work either. One day a week, 30 minutes of actual work, and then it's sitting on the deck watching the course while conversing with the regulars. Can't beat free golf and a few extra bucks!

I can walk nine and then my back will hurt for days. I can't imagine walking 36. I can't imagine riding for 36. :(

I rode 36 down in Tenn and that last 9 was quite tiring....the focus was leaving me quickly(not that i really had much to begin with) and it was getting tough to make my body do what i wanted it to do....

Walking 36...damn...

Two years ago I played 12 full rounds and maybe 4 or 5 nines in 10 days, so 252 holes or more. Walked all of them but 3 of the nines. Got a little sick of it...

i ended up walking 36 again yesterday. i can see whats going on here. the weather has been real nice so after 18 i'm faced with a dilemma "do i go home and look at my 'to do/project list' or do i stay here and play more golf.?" hmmmmm......what to do...what to do....
also...the course is not very long - 6200yds - and the tees are right next to the greens.

I walked 36 once.

I think it was about that far to get back to where my club head cover had fallen out of the cart.

Toughest 36 yrds of my life.

Most I have walked in 1 day was 27 holes & I won't do that again, hell I don't even like walking 18 unless it's a flat course. Throw any elevation changes into the mix & i'm riding.

Walked 9 this morning but this afternoons 18 will be riding as will tomorrows.

I've walked 18.. But the courses around here aren't really set up for walking.. HUGE elevation changes.. a good 5 minute or more walk from green to tee box..

It's painful to say the least, and by the time I'm on the 14th or so, I'm just aiming to keep my walk shorter, not score better.

That's it? PFah! I've carried for 54 in a day before, wusses. :biglol:

My weiner is bigger too.

Jeff,

I don't walk much because carrying 14 clubs and banging my knees with my tool isn't that comfortable for more than 18 holes.

:)

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54