• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

84 Lumber.....Gore in the lead

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else pulling for Jason Gore to take the win? I just love watching this guy play golf. Maybe it is because he has the body style that I do or maybe it is because of what happened to him on Fathers Day, but for whatever reason I just love wathing this guy play. I have never watched a Nationwide event on TV until after the US Open, and I now I watch them whenever I can. Watching Gore take those 3 tournements and getting the battlefield promotion was awesome. If he can pull out the win today, he gets the 2 year expemption and the invite to the Mercedes in Jan.

I hope he does it.

He is awesome, I wonder if he is eligible for Rookie of the Year ? What happened to him on Father's Day?

He did it!

3 cheers for the "regular guy"! :D

I know, that was great! We don't get ESPN up here and TSN was covering stupid effin Nascar, so all I had was watching the leaderboard on pgatour.com to see what was going down.

So glad he won...I almost felt like I did it!

EDSGolf said:
He is awesome, I wonder if he is eligible for Rookie of the Year ? What happened to him on Father's Day?

He was in the last group with Goosen in the US Open on Sunday and shot an 84 and went from 2nd place to deep into the 40's.

As far as yesterday goes, AWESOME!, just purely AWESOME! That putt on 18 from like 90 feet with a one stroke lead was totally clutch. He was supposed to play another Nationwide event in Boise (he won the event last year and wanted to go back an support the event) but apparently once you win on the PGA tour, you can not go back and play a Nationwide event in the same year. He will be playing in some kind of exhibition with Annika in Boise today, but will not be allowed to compete in the tourney.

ualtim said:
He was in the last group with Goosen in the US Open on Sunday and shot an 84 and went from 2nd place to deep into the 40's.

Oh yes, I thought you meant something bad in his private life happened.

Well he did get his car stolen that week along with all his stuff in it. Clothes, baby stuff, etc. They interviewed him on Saturday and asked him about it, being a Nationwide guy at the time, it was quite a setback for him and his family.

Not as much of an issue now with the large cardboard winners check he took home yesterday, but he would still probably want to beat the crap out of the guy who stole his car if he could find him.

You also have to love his caddy wearing a PBR cap (thats Pabst Blue Ribbon beer for all you blokes and folks from outside the US) during every tournement. They are not sponsered by Pabst, but apparently enjoy the product. I can not say that I am a PBR fan, but I guess there are at least two guys drinking that stuff.

He is kind of like John Daly Light. All of the qualities of Daly without the baggage.

So far as we know, at least. Do any of us really know what would happen to us if the spotlight were to suddenly be locked on us?

I hope he keeps it together, but all in all, sometimes I think I'm quite glad that I'm not good at something so much that I would be the focus of media attention. Ugh, it would probably kill me.

I agree with you there. It is kind of nice to be anonymous.

I'd lose the anonymity for a big cardboard cheque.

Plus...imagine the sheer joy of winning a PGA event...wild.

Silver said:
I'd lose the anonymity for a big cardboard cheque.

Plus...imagine the sheer joy of winning a PGA event...wild.

I'm with you, the whole world can know who I am for a payday like that.

It's incredible he was thinking of walking away from the game last May. If he can sustain his level of play now there will a movie made about him some day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520