• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A Congressional Gold Medal for the Golden Bear

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score

Amateur Jack Nicklaus in 1960.​
JACK NICKLAUS IS ON HIS WAY to the Congressional Gold Medal. The following news is excerpted from Nicklaus.com:
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senators Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) announced that their legislation to award the Congressional Gold Medal to the “Golden Bear,” Ohio native Jack Nicklaus, in recognition of his service to the nation in promoting excellence, good sportsmanship, and philanthropy passed the U.S. Senate. For over two centuries, Congress has awarded gold medals as an expression of public appreciation for the contributions of its most distinguished citizens. The legislation now heads to the President’s desk for signature.
“I had the fortunate pleasure in 2012 to attend and participate in Arnold’s Congressional Gold Medal ceremony, and I witnessed how special and meaningful it was to him,” Nicklaus said.
“I am honored and humbled to have the opportunity to experience that, as well, and to be a part of a very special group of past recipients. The game of golf has been an incredible gift to my family and me. It not only gave me a livelihood, but it provided Barbara and me with a vehicle to give back and to impact other lives, especially those of children and families in need. To our leaders in both the House and the Senate who supported this extremely kind gesture, I offer my most sincere and heartfelt appreciation. God bless America.”
The Congressional Gold Medal and the Presidential Medal of Freedom are the highest awards bestowed on a United States civilian. Nicklaus was honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2005. He and Arnold Palmer are the only golfers in history to receive both honors.​

Source: A Congressional Gold Medal for the Golden Bear

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427