• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Almost had to "brawl".

Well good to hear the course made good on it.

Had a similar experience a couple weeks ago.

Me and buddy were playing at a public course locally. My goodness these are just filled with yahoos.

We were on the 2nd hole, which is a very short par 4. You can't see the green from the tee, as it goes uphill, then down to the green, but it's only about 240 to reach, from the blue tees. Probably 210 or so from the whites, maybe less. At the top of the hill you aim for, are the red stakes that signify 100 yards to the green, so there is no excuses for hitting into the green saying you didn't think you could reach.

So here we are on the green putting when THWAMP! A ball hits the green, barely missing my buddy, and roles off the back.

HOLD ON! We yelled, but sure enough we heard another driver, which flew over our heads.

As we putted out, and walked to the 3rd hole we saw them coming up the cartpath.

My buddy said "Hey, you can see the red stakes, why on earth would you be hitting a driver the the whites when you know we were on the green"

One of them responded "what the heck is your problem" , so my buddy said " my problem is I don't like almost getting hit twice by balls hit from ignorant people using Drivers from a Tee that is 200 yards away, to which he responded " Hey mister you better quit running your mouth, I said I was sorry"

Neither of us ever heard him apologize....but apparently he thought he would be all big and bad and act like we were inferiors. We are both 20 years old, we are adults too.

So quite unhappy, we stopped after the next hole and let his group play through.

It was pretty satisfying see him slice both his drives about 80 yards forward and 150 yards right. But we respectfully just stood there and told them to have a good time, like a player of the game should.

The correct etiquette there is to say, "What is YOUR problem? The fairway is straight ahead and you're playing in the woods?!"

The correct thing to say is, "I'm good at doing 3 things...golf, your wife, and kickin butt. Want to find out which you are going to get?"

I always get a kick out of letting asshats play through.

There is something that is so satisfying to see them give you that look, like they know you called them out, and now they have to hit with a crowd.

I always do that though, and I'll just watch them squirm on the tee box. Par 3's are the best to let idiots play through. Especially with water. ;)

I give a little chuckle, enough to hear, and not enough to be completely rude, and then smile! Then I tee it up behind him, and show them how fun it is to almost get hit.

Speaking of which, thats why I don't miss some of the torn up goat tracks, and I'm thankful where I play now.

glad it didnt come down to throwing punches...just another reason I carry....a$$holes are everywhere, and I make sure I'm protected where ever I go. You never know what some idiot might try.

glad it didnt come down to throwing punches...just another reason I carry....a$$holes are everywhere, and I make sure I'm protected where ever I go. You never know what some idiot might try.

It's funny cause right towards the end of the season last year my buddy(same guy) and I were playing a little 9hole muni and on the 7'th hole it's a driveable par 4, on my second attempt I drove it. So we start walking to our balls and out of nowhere there's two little gangster kids on the green using the flag as a hockey stick to whack at my ball and totally hack the green. I start screaming at them to leave my shit alone and they don't hear a thing till we walk up to the green to ask them just what the f they're doing. These two youngens were not phased at all. I say again that my buddy is pretty big dude. I'm not that small myself either and these kids just stood right there like nothing was happening. It was like they were waiting for a reason to pull their little gangster guns or something. So I called the club house and they finally took off, but it was kinda freaky. So you're right .... a$$holes are everywhere.

I typically just aim towards WBL, doesn't matter if he is 275 yds out either as 9 times outta 10 I can get close to hitting him:D

Wi-Golfer

Never even knew you were doing this Wi. Must have been more like 225.... :biglol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520