• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

And here's mine again...

ezra76

Finally Twofast got my videos to me from the range last week. :) I have to say I'm fairly happy when I look at this one. Hopefully the lines I put on there will show up, if not click on the analysis I did on myself. I am maintaining the spine angle pretty good and the downswing plane from the upright posture is a thing of beauty to me. Other than a tad PP, this the swing I'm after. Makes me very happy to finally see a swing and say "that's my swing" and feel proud of it. It helps that it was a smooth 7 that flew 170 and never moved an inch offline too.
icon10.gif

SwingAcademy.com

For a 7 iron surely you backswing is a little ott?
My swing is used to be as wild into overswing but these days ive found a 3/4 back swing gives me the same distance and more control
edit: in fact my avatar by my username has me hitting a 6 or 7 iron, that was the top of my swing.

I've been trying to correct it for over a year now. That's 10times shorter than it was. :laugh: I should dig up one from last year for you, lol. Oh and that's past parallel not OTT, big difference. I come down on an inside plane, if you click the analysis I did I put a line in for "Hogan's pane of glass", I stay under it the whole time. Even on my driver swings where I go way PP I still am on the exact same plane. I agree though, it's just a wasted motion. I'd be more efficient if could stop it. Of course by the time I'm 50 I'll probably just have what I should have at 30.... hopefully.
icon10.gif

I think your swing looks pretty good. I noticed that you seem to go down after it a bit on the downswing and then back up. Put a line above your hat at address and you go down 3-4 inches. In my experience this could cause fat shots. You would not notice it hitting off a mat though. That is one reason I won't hit off mats, every shot feels great and flies great. On real grass if I dip or change my plane, I will hit it thin or fat and the ball goes no where. Looks like you are creating alot of power and have a nice powerful turn.

By OTT I mean Over the top in a manner of speech, not literal. :)
When I first played years ago before taking it more seriously, I had a forgan rocket driver and used to swing well past anything normal, my party piece was driving the 3rd green at a local municipal course which was 350ish yards level ground and I was a bit of an animal, the only don side was that I missed more fairways than I hit and when It turned into a hook or a push it was 50-100 yds off line. Now when I miss a drive its never more than 20 yds off line, which still isnt impressive, it usually means im still in with a shout of a recovery.
My irons really have improved and while still hitting a med to high ball, my 3/4 length swing still goes the same distance and now I can try to shape shots where before I changed all I had was 100% bollocks to the board all out shots.

I think your swing looks pretty good. I noticed that you seem to go down after it a bit on the downswing and then back up. Put a line above your hat at address and you go down 3-4 inches. In my experience this could cause fat shots. You would not notice it hitting off a mat though. That is one reason I won't hit off mats, every shot feels great and flies great. On real grass if I dip or change my plane, I will hit it thin or fat and the ball goes no where. Looks like you are creating alot of power and have a nice powerful turn.

Thanks. I'll take a look at that more, I did notice it. I hit off the grass sometimes but it was wet out this day... plus Twofast was there and he hates the grass area. It is kind of "roughlike" but I take massive divots with the steep swing, it doesn't affect me as much. Mats hurt my wrists a little after a while. On the course I probably hit as many thin shots as I do fat. That's been getting better though. I tend to miss toeside sometimes... but that's better than a $hank I guess, right? :laugh: I just hit it lower and lose a club and a half of distance on a toe shot. Usually goes a little offline right but not more than 5-8yds. at the most. I've also noticed I'm starting to get some wearmarks on the iron faces. Those are also slighty outside of center. I've been wondering if that's a 100% swing issue or could also be partially a lie angle issue as well.

By OTT I mean Over the top in a manner of speech, not literal. :)
When I first played years ago before taking it more seriously, I had a forgan rocket driver and used to swing well past anything normal, my party piece was driving the 3rd green at a local municipal course which was 350ish yards level ground and I was a bit of an animal, the only don side was that I missed more fairways than I hit and when It turned into a hook or a push it was 50-100 yds off line. Now when I miss a drive its never more than 20 yds off line, which still isnt impressive, it usually means im still in with a shout of a recovery.
My irons really have improved and while still hitting a med to high ball, my 3/4 length swing still goes the same distance and now I can try to shape shots where before I changed all I had was 100% bollocks to the board all out shots.

Oh, OK, my bad. I'm still working a lot on shortening it up. I've got a "swingyde" I've been using and hitting a lot of wedge shots with it. I'm calming it down slowly but surely. Oddly I've never had a problem working ball but for 1 club/shot and that would be the driver draw. I can get it, just not consistantlly enough to bother with on the course. I've got my 13* 3W with a soft tipped shaft, that plays to a stock draw and is the main reason I carry it. With irons I can go high, low, draw, fade no problem, just a matter of getting right when it counts. I've actually been moving away from trying to work shots all the time and trying to pick a target behind the stick and try to hit it. All I want to to do is make the swing that keeps the shot online with the target, distance is predetermined by club selection.

Have you tried swinging as far back as a straight left arm will let you, ie not a full swing as your elbow will start to hinge. Practice areas are great for drills :) When I feel my left arm beginning to break from straight, thats the end of my backswing and after practicing it for a while its now natural for me to begin the downswing once that happens. beyond that though the science starts to blind me, im a do'er not a thinker.

Hey ez, if you are making marks on the off-center that is most likely a lie issue problem. I would have that checked out and maybe you wont miss as many toeside. Nice swing otherwise though.

The best drill for getting your backswing under control is to put a glove under your left bicep, and not letting it fall out until after impact.

When the left arm stays connected, and you swing against a properly braced and flexed right leg, you are allowing the muscles of your torso and right leg to limit the backswing.

Looks good to me. I don't think OTT . Maybe a little steep for me but for you surely could be OK. Is the club pointing to right of target at top of swing or is that just camera angle??? How are the woods doing on the back swing????

If you look at every pro swing you will see one thing they all do. Everyone with no exceptions. That is their downswing is on a flatter plane than their back swing. The down path is alway below the up path. Yours, like mine is the opposite of this. Our down path is even with or slightly above the up path. This means we are not successfully dropping the club into the slot. How to fix this? When you figure it out be sure to let me know LOL.

You're right Lyle. I think mine comes from my last move at the top where I tilt a bit and go PP. I come down inside of that postion but slightly outside of the backswing plane. Also I wanted to mention the video comes up at faster than my real speed. Backed up so just a little of that white bar is showing is my "real" speed. The thing I liked the most is that I can see my lower body distinctly starting the downswing. My hands get very slow and I just let them drop and speed up through the ball. That's something I really noticed in Boo's swing video. I've been trying to keep the hands high on the backswing and drop in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?