• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any Watchmen fans out there????

zaphod

Reaction score
Whose watching the Watchmen???

I am looking forward to this weekend. The Watchmen movie is coming!!!!!. I've just finished the Graphic Novel and hope the movie holds the same standard. IMHO it does rate as one of the top Novels written in the 20th century.

Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan, Nite Owl, The Comedian, The Tales of the Black Freighter,and the Silk Specter are just plain the products of a very creative mind. Juxtapose these super heroes- ordinary, quirky, flawed characters with a story line which includes a 5 term Richard Nixon, cold war intrigue, and other alternate history twists and you have a good read and reread.

The same author wrote "V for Vendetta". I have a hard time understanding how a mind which can create these rich alternative realities can exist peacefully in my reality.

I already have a planned reread after a view of the movie. Yeah, I know sounds like I might being going down the road of a Trekker. But I'm also a golfer. So Chronic Obsessive behavior is normal!!! Ask my wife.

Never read the graphic novel, but probably will after the movie. Going to see it on Friday.

Definitely going to see the movie. V for Vendetta is a top 3 movie for me.

V was a strange movie but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to Watchmen, certain theaters are supposed to have a thursday midnight showing. I may go & see it then since I will be busy with the hospital friday & not sure when I will feel up for a night out after that.

glad to see other V fans out there!!!!!!

+1 on that one. I LOVED V for Vendetta. Wonderful movie. Definitely going to watch "Watchmen"....

V was a strange movie but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to Watchmen, certain theaters are supposed to have a thursday midnight showing. I may go & see it then since I will be busy with the hospital friday & not sure when I will feel up for a night out after that.

The Watchmen will have the same "feel" as V. Extremely complicated, unanswered questions, large morality issues played out, and the dialogue and set will contain many clues, references loaded with symbolism. Truly a multimedia approach to telling story. Each character has layer complexity and certainly has free will and attending flaws. Each major character in the novel, movie???, is deconstructed and the littered pieces meticulously examined.

Many will leave the theater either wanting and embracing more or disenchanted. Beware Moore's World is on the dark and violent side. It maybe disturbing to some.

I'm planning on this weekend. There is a special Thursday night on G4 DishNetwork= 191 DirectTV= 354 on the making of the movie I will be taking in.

Also six minutes to midnight put out by Warner Brothers is supposed to have a good interactive site

http://6minutestomidnight.com/

I could spend hours pondering the moral questions this comic raises in relation to our real world. It should/can be THE DARK KNIGHT on Steroids.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520