• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone familiar with Hilton Head?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Reaction score
My Tour Championship is on 2 courses on Hilton Head October 27 & 28. The courses are Palmetto Dunes & Port Royal Plantation. Looking for a nice place to stay, preferably on the island, that's not too far from either and is reasonably priced. :D

And has something for the girlfriend to do (shop) while I'm playing golf.

Any likes or dislikes?

doc, you will soon find out that "Hilton Head" and "reasonably priced" do not go together. they can't hook a group of you up with a rate at one of the hotels that includes all the golf?? like the Hilton Head Marriot or Hilton Oceanfront....I believe they are pretty close to Palmetto Dunes.

Jason

I love HH. My wife and I plan on retiring there one day. I have been going to HH for the last couple of years since my inlaws bought a time share there. We stay at a timeshare called Island Links that is located in Port Royal Planation. It comes with free golf for the week also. The courses at Port Royal are very nice. I have played Barony and Robbers Row at Port Royal. Barony was the easier of the two. Robbers Row had some really tough undalating greens. I haven't had a chance to play Planters Row yet. I am hoping to play that course when we go back in September. Do you know which course on Port Royal you are playing?

I am not familiar with the hotels but there are plenty of great restaurants that I know of. For the GF there is plenty of good shopping there. My wife loves the outlet malls and said they are the best she has been too.

I have bene going to HH since i was a wee little lad. Amazing place, I stay at Marriott Grande Ocean. There is TONS of shopping, golf, bike riding, and fine dinning. Take the wifey to harbor town for lunch at the harbor town cafe i believe. Its semi expensive, which is why i reccomend lunch. It over looks the harbor and hilton head national course. Golf is expensive, expessially when a tournament is on the island. Expect green fees of $200+.

This is the 1st year for me, as well as the Augusta chapter. Orlando, FL and Tidewater, VA seem to have the most people as well as the best websites, so I have been perusing their sites trying to figure out how it works. From the Orlando website:

The AGT's National Championship featured a record field of 461 golfers competing on five courses. The tourney used all three courses at the host resort, Palmetto Dunes, as well as the Arthur Hills course at Palmetto Hall and the Robbers Row course at Port Royal Plantation. There were players from 28 cities with 14 tours fielding enough players to compete in the team competition.

We pay for the tourney in advance: $245 for golf (2 rounds), cart, range balls. I can't find any info about group rates for accomodations, so I guess I will email the main tourney organizer.

If you are playing Robbers Row then get ready for some tough greens. There is so much slope to those greens. It seems like every putt that I had that was over 15 feet broke 3 times.

A really good cheap place to eat there if you like fish is the Sea Shack. The place is a hole in the wall but it is cheap and really good and they give you a ton of food. I can't wait to go back there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520