• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone in Central Midwest US, Please Read

wisgolfer2610

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Patrick. I am running a tournament called the 1st Annual Mid-Summer Golf Extravaganza at Hawks View Golf Club in Lake Geneva, WI.

I am looking for anyone who might be interested in playing in this tournament with huge prizes that include a PING Putter, Callaway Golf Bag, A AMF 3 Wood, FREE Rounds of Golf, and MORE! There will be prizes given out to 1st - 10th place or higher pending on registration.

The tournament dates are July 21-22. Registration Deadline is July 7, 2007.

Anyone interested, please e-mail me at [email protected].

This will be a tournament filled with lots of fun, golf, and friends.

Thank You!

P.S. Anyone who would like to sponsor this tournament, please contact me through the above e-mail as I do still have a couple sponsorship spots open.

Who will this tournament be benefiting?

With a post count of 1 and without knowing who will be benefiting from the tournament because it was not mentioned, I can't help but think it is benefiting "Patrick and his drinking buddies" and consider this anything other than Spam. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you forgot to mention and apologize if it is for a good cause.

If it is not then I would simply take it as an attempt to get free advertising for the golf course, and finish with "Buzz off"

edit 1 - ... in which case you could also contact Sling, who runs the site if you want to pay for advertising, to which he may be accommodating to your needs and it may be a good venture for people from the site to have a good time and still feel as though they are donating to a good cause.

Hey, thanks for replying. I do apologize for not mentioning a few of these details and this was NOT an attempt to spam this meesage board. I apologize if it came off that way. Here are some details:

This tournament will be as of now between 25-75 people. This tournament however is not benefiting any cause. However, I am NOT, ABSOLUTELY NOT, making a profit off of this tournament. I am creating this tournament for fun times and some enjoyable golf. ALL (and I mean ALL) of the registration fees and sponsor fees will be used to benefit the golfers at this tournament. ALL of the fees will either be paying greens fees, the lunch each day, hole contests each day, free items for each golfer, and all of the Prizes at the end of the tournament. The more golfers that enter this tournament, the better and more prizes that I can giveaway.

I do again apologize if the original post came off as spam. And I am kind of new to this whole forum thing.

Any further questions regarding this tournament can e-mail me at [email protected] or you can post any questions as a reply to this thread.

Thank You Very Much!

In relation to my first comment, and at the risk of sounding Naive (as I already mentioned it once). Do you work or have ties with the golf course? Or if not, what ties do you have to this event to make it a point to want to advertise for the event?

After all, if the course and golfers are going to benefit, then why shouldn't this site for fronting the advertisement? Are we just blessed???

I do work there, but I am sincerely NOT doing this on behalf of the golf course. I am doing this for people to have fun and play golf too. I do understand your concerns and how this might seem as if I am trying to spam the board, but I am not. Again, this is small tournament that benefit the golfers. I also do understand you being hesistant because I am new to this forum board, but please, I did not register for this board just to try and get people to come to this fun tournament, but I am looking to use it to socailize with other golfers too.

Thanks.

Patrick

I respect your honesty, and just wanted to draw out the facts, that too me seemed rather obvious. I will leave it to the "powers that be" on the board on whether you find "The Bunker" or become a valuable resource on this forum that is a valuable resource. Should you not find "The Bunker", may I be the first to say welcome to you and your friends that want to find a fine Haven on discussing golf.

Good Luck!!

It is all about sharing the experiences of the game that we all love.

Hey Wisgolfer! Glad you had the chance to meet one of our bouncers, Jayhawk. He "greets" newcomers who look they're just here to score, if you know what I mean. Helps keeps the riff-raff to a minimum around here. But you seem alright to me, so I think the really big guns will let you stay. They're the ones who have the power to vaporize anyone here who gets out of line. Generally speaking, if Jay gives you even a provisional thumb up, you're OK.

I hope your tourney works out for you. There are a couple of Wisconsin golfers on the board who might be interested. But if they mention a guy named Razor, well, all I can say is - RUN !!! (a little inside joke).

Welcome.

Obviously not. Now it is really starting to become apparent that you are just Spamming the board and bumping this thread up for the sake of your own profit. I take back my welcome and say Good Riddance is more appropriate.

I was hoping we would maybe get someone that worked for a course that may realize the value of this forum and be able to contribute to the nature of the board, with real life experience, which has always been a welcome sight on here. I was obviously mistaken. It is apparent you are only here to push your cause and move on afterward.

I say toss him in the bunker, and rid the world of his e-mail and course name. If you really want, I could reserve about 80 slots and then not show up, or send you 80,000 e-mails about how great it is that you are doing an outing. I'll be sure to remember the course, in case I ever visit WI. Put it right at the top of my list. Black List.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520