• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bad round but picked it up.

ezra76

Reaction score
Anyone ever have one of those days where the club feels like a foriegn object in your hands? Swing is just awful and can't get anything going?

I had a day like that today and boy was I frustrated. Coming down the 14th fairway to look for my ball short and right, stuck in a fescue mound, I thought "I should just quit or take a long break from this game. I'm just not having fun anymore."

Standing on the 15th tee, wind blowing like mad, I decided I'm better than this. I know this game, I know my strengths, I know my weaknesses. No matter how bad I'm playing, I'm good enough to play at slightly over par. So I challenged myself to par out, no matter what it took. Hit 3 out of the next 4 greens. Missed the birdie putt on 18 but managed to go through the last 4 in 1 over.

Don't get me wrong here, it wasn't pretty, it took all my tricks and skills. A 5iron fade to hit the par 5 from 190 out in 3. A 1/2 swing punch cut with my 13* 3W on 18 to hit the green from 175 with a 30yd. fade on it. Rolled that one up to 9 feet from the cup. Had a standard 7iron and a 2putt on a par 3 but everything else was just playing whatever I could come up with.

I felt a lot better coming off 18 than I did walking down 14, that's for sure.

I was -1 for 9 yesterday if that helps.

Honestly EZ, stop trying so damn hard. Just go out and play. Just be a kid again. Aim straight and hammer it, find it and do it again. Forget about being technical, forget about scoring, just play.

That's pretty much what I did. My last drive was pushed right and about 3feet behind a tree. I set the face at the stick, my body about 50yds. left and basically hit a 170yd. chip shot with 3W. :) That one made me really feel good. "Hit it straight? I don't do... straight." lol.

You gotta take it easy bud, relax, and have fun.

This is coming from the worst. I once told this guy who liked to drink and chat while he played, "I don't golf to have fun, I golf to play. I have fun when I play well."

Ez - I actually started playing this stupid game in '99. I played for about a season and a half before one day I had a front 9 like you describe. When I got to the turn I just kept walking to the car and I left the game for four years!

I've been back for about three years now but with a much different approach and attitude; it is a completely different game now!

If it makes you feel any better I played 9 today and shot 10 over.

I played 9 yesterday and shot even par.

Sounds like my round today, except yours is to a much higher level. I'm a 90's shooter, and I played a 57 front 9, ouch, I know. But I blame the pollution over here in China, because obviously it's not my game's fault. On the back nine I shot a 39, which is a very good for me. Not quite sure what happened, but I really don't care.

Sounds like my round today, except yours is to a much higher level. I'm a 90's shooter, and I played a 57 front 9, ouch, I know. But I blame the pollution over here in China, because obviously it's not my game's fault. On the back nine I shot a 39, which is a very good for me. Not quite sure what happened, but I really don't care.

Must've been the hotdog at the turn... :laugh:

Your scaring me here Ez.... :laugh:

Not that "straight".... besides, I'd probably prefer Asian guys if I did.
icon10.gif

Next week on Oprah... "I was a club ho that didn't do 'straight'"

:ugly25:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781