• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bagging a new driver

False. Not like EVERY other driver out there. Try a Nike Sumo squared. Your days of spraying the ball will be over.

Probably not for folks with a 135mph swing. :laugh:

I disagree. I play with a guy that hits the SUMO all over the joint. How can some stink up the place by spraying a ball everywhere and have the tenacity to do it with that rainbarrel on the end of a fishing rod? :faintthud:thumbs up:

If you have an open face at impact, it's not going straight - no matter what's glued to the end of the shaft. :D

R35

If you have an open face at impact, it's not going straight - no matter what's glued to the end of the shaft. :D

R35
Yes, but if you yell POOWWWW!!! its going to go real far. :D Of course, if your hitting the Sumo Square no one will hear you yell POOWWWW!!! as that thing is so bloody loud I am surprised that this wasn't the driver that caused that hearing loss lawsuit. :laugh:

No offense......but (incidentally all statements that start out with "no offense"...are always followed by the word "but")....

In order to have a 12* trajectory best suited for your swing...you better be swinging the club over 135 mph....and preferably living in Colorado.
Whatever. I know my swing, I know what ball flight gives me the best distance, and it is a lower, more penetrating ball flight, not this high launch crap being pushed. Typical expert. You stick to what works for you, and I'll stick to what works for me through my experience. I did not ask nor do I want your opinion about my launch angle, as I know what works for me, and lower launch works better for me. I have hit several drives with this new driver over 300 yds(verified with a GPS, no internet BS here), so something must be right with it

Ouch! :)

False. Not like EVERY other driver out there. Try a Nike Sumo squared. Your days of spraying the ball will be over.

Probably not for folks with a 135mph swing. :laugh:

Again, see what I posted to indacup.
+10000 on what Rock said as well.

100 to 110 MPH 150 to 165 MPH 12* to 13* 2500 to 2750

I saw these numbers on several different places, so either numerous club fitters are wrong(including every major manufacturer rep I have dealt with) or someone on here is. I'll let you be the judge of that.

No offense......but (incidentally all statements that start out with "no offense"...are always followed by the word "but")....

In order to have a 12* trajectory best suited for your swing...you better be swinging the club over 135 mph....and preferably living in Colorado.

Why's that? I thought a 12 degree Launch angle was about right for 105mph Club head speed (coupled with the correct spin rate). I've decided that from now on I only Buy a driver after hitting it on an Open air range as I know what ball flight I like...just wondering why you say 12 degrees needs 135mph?

When we say 12º launch angle we're not talking about the club but the actual angle you hit it. I prefer around 14º launch angle and get that with a 10º driver. And indacup is an expert at club fitting. :)

Most of the pros hit at 12º from what I've read.

WBL, never questioned his ability, but his statement on launch angle contradicts just about everything there is on the web about what ideal launch angle is for my parameters. There are actually 2 different ideal LA, one for carry and one for total distance. I can tell you from what I have seen for my game, that high launch does not work, as the ball will balloon and fall out of the sky with no roll out. I get much better distance with a ball that has a lower, more pentrating flight and rolls out versus an all carry ball flight.

Okay. I've found some drivers (example Nike SQ2) don't get any roll out at all no matter what launch angle (related to spin?). I have a fairly high trajectory and still get roll. I don't think it's all related to the actual launch angle but might be wrong. :)

Not sure about the Nikes, I could never get over the sound of em. I know that the comment from every fitter I have been to has been about how low my spin has always been. It maybe that you are generating to much spin with those drivers, causing the ball to not roll out, and it could also be the landing angle of your golf ball, which is something that is being looked at more and more with the advent of trackman and the other dopplers out there, and being discussed by more and more folks

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520