• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

bent wedge

turkey

Reaction score
well today I was going to let my friend try out one of my wedges. as soon as I hand it over he say man this thing is bent. So I look at it and sure enough the shaft is bent.

the thing is it was an ebay club an has probably been bent since I've had it I hit the thing really well just as good as my other none bent clubs. So do I replace it or just keep playing it.

If I get a new one what is a decent replacement the bent one is a 56 nike vr

You should have the shaft replaced, unless you just want a new wedge. It will eventually break and maybe hurt someone, plus it is illegal under USGA/R&S rules.

Probably $20-25 bucks to replace the shaft including labor. Usually very easy.

thanks thats what I was worried about I know it's not affecting my shots but I would hate to break it mid round or worse break it and hit someone

IMO Replace the Shaft or the wedge. Went through a similar circumstance this year with a 52* where I bent the shaft as a result of a shot that I hit a tree stump. Started losing distance and accuracy as a result of a loss in the Kick Point of the shaft. Also affected my chipping and pitching (less than full shots) as my 52* wedge was affectively only 49.5*, or about the same as my PW.

As soon as a shaft is bent even a little bit its strength properties have been compromised. Time to get at least a new shaft, but sounds like a good excuse to get a new club to me! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520