• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bridgestone

Alphanumega

Reaction score
I'm currently saving for the set of clubs ill be taking to college with me. I have decided that for the irons i want Bridgestone. The problem im having is deciding between blades or or cavity backs, can anyone give me their opinion on which i should purchase. I'm a mid handicapper, i know that will be a factor. Also a review of the equipment would also be largely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'd say go with the CB's. I've hit the Bridgstones and they are very nice CB's. Very similar to the Miura's I play. You won't lose much workability vs. a blade but as a mid-capper the only real difference would most likely be in the forgiveness. The blades will offer none and the CB's will give you enough without overdoing it. Changing flights, tight fades, high draws will be no problem with the CB's if you know how to hit them. The blades will intensify these shots but at the cost of all forgiveness. Hit a 6iron 1/4 inch outside of center... CB's you'll come up 8 yards short and a little right, Blades you'll get about 22yds. out of it and that "chewing tinfoil" feeling.

Another vote for cavity backs...and get them fitted if at all possible.

I nvr knew that bridgestone had blades:) I definately looking into them now, they look sweet. If theyre nice and not too $$$, itd be sweet having bridgestone since theyre a good company and not one of the "mass production" companies (ie Nike and Taylormade).

Go wit the CBs dude. Best way to go. IF you really felt like it, you could custom order a combo set, instead of the actual "combo" they sell, get the pw-8 or 7 of the forged blade, then the 7 or 6-3. This will have more benefit because they are truer clubs then an actual combo club. You'd have to pay full retail per club if you went with that option mind you.

Personally I'm waiting for someone on here to get a set of the GC Oversize irons and post a review, as I really like the look of them. For some reason, probably based on loving the balls they're producing right now, I get the feeling I'd really do well with a set of those Bridgestone irons....

I was going to purchase the cavity back set and demoed the 6 iron. Nicely priced for forged clubs. They're very comfortable to look at address. I was hitting it pretty well, but it didn't feel as soft as my 690.CBs.

Thanks, the look is nto a huge factor for me, and im not worried about being just like my favorite golfer. Surprise, its not Tiger, its Freddy. In the fall im going to a D-III school that i could easily get on the team, and i want to actually have a good season, thanks for the review on the cavity backs, they are probably what ill buy, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520