• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway I series ball review

Hole 4, 9 iron, slam dunk ace.

End of review.

(I'll put up more about both the ace and the ball review when I'm not so hung over. :faintthud)

R35

nice review ;)

nice review ;)

Thanks. :D

I really liked the ball. It's long off the tee, plays great in the wind and holds up to wedge shots. It's basically an HX.Tour but with a bit better feel off the putter.

The ProVx is long, yes, but it's not durable. I had three, all three are scuffed to hell from wedge shots. One shot was a 5 iron and cut the snot out of it. Id' play it, if it was more durable.

R35

Hey, congrats on the ace.

I played the Callaway Tour ix today.

I did not get an ace, but i really like this ball. I have been using the
ProV1X, but I found little difference in the two balls.

It is durable, long, and stops for me. However, I hit the irons very high so
I think I could stop a superball.

The magic is so strong, they willed that Prov into the hole.

Seriously.

:D

R35

PS...as an aside, I hit a 60* wedge last night that ripped the ball 40 feet back off the green. When i got up there to wedge it to the hole, the side of the ball was completely void of paint. There's no way I could play ProV's if they shed like that. No way. Good ball tho.

The "new" pro V or the old ones?

I don't buy them so I don't care if they fall apart or not.

The new ones seem to hold up pretty well for my SS.

Told ya that ball was great!

I'm resurecting this from the dead...any further feedback on the tour ix or even the tour i....

looking a making a change from Prov1x ..

you still bagging the ix Rock, Jeff??

I got the free sample pack of Tour iX from Callaway. I played a round with one ball, where I was hitting my 54* into basically every hole. It just wouldn't shred like a Pro V1x which I was playing. I didn't an ace like Rock, but I shot my personal best, 2 under 33 on nine. I know it is wrong, but I ended up getting about 3 dozen balls through the free trial from Callaway. Great Ball.

A+ on Callway.

I'm resurecting this from the dead...any further feedback on the tour ix or even the tour i....

looking a making a change from Prov1x ..

you still bagging the ix Rock, Jeff??

I am playing the "i" currently. Just because i have some and they seem to be holding up well so far.

R35

First ace? Congrats! It's a weird and happy feeling when you realize that you don't have to putt.

I like the iX too, but am shredding it too much. About the same as the TM Black, not as much as the Pro V.

First ace? Congrats! It's a weird and happy feeling when you realize that you don't have to putt.

I like the iX too, but am shredding it too much. About the same as the TM Black, not as much as the Pro V.

3rd ace. They're all sweet tho.

R35

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35