• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

China scenery

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I just saw the remake of "The Karate Kid" with Jackie Chan. It was a good movie but what really impressed me was the scenery in China. The place on the mountain (climbing many stairs) was something to behold. I always thought of China as a huge country of rivers of human excrement and urine and so many people there is no place to stand.

This was quite impressive. Anyone actually been there?

karate kid movie trailer - Yahoo! Video Search

This post confuses me.

As such...

I've got some scenery for your wife!

This post confuses me.

As such...

I've got some scenery for your wife!
She could use it, Jeff. They make the human excrement into dog food now and ship it over to the US. Kills two birds (and a dog or two) with one stone. The urine goes into production of clothing and shoes, and also shipped over here............that could explain that nasty rash you have developed.

I work with people that promote Canadian natural resources to the East. China is a major player, so they go over at least twice a year to shake hands and entice them to invest.

Of all the pictures they have taken, I think there was one where the sun was shining and you could see more than 30 feet in front of you due to smog. In both urban and rural settings, there's so much taken for granted with regards to environmental control. I'm told that after about a week, you feel 10 years older because your lungs are burning.

It's definitely not on my top 25 of places to visit, and after this news from them almost continuously, it hasn't climbed the ranks.

Karate Kid? I bet the vast majority of that was shot in Oregon. :D

R35

Also - I'm not sure where it would fall on my places to visit - but I would love to check it out.

The ignorance in this thread is truly bothersome.

The majority of the country is unpopulated. It's only the coastline that is industrialized.

File:population density of China by first-level administrative regions(English).png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those regions are also mostly unhospitable and mountainous. Hence the population drop off.

The regions in that map that are "buffer" are still in the same density as greater Ohio or Pennsylvania by comparison. Not exactly the boonies.

Both my father in law and my brother in law spent time in China as part of an engineering education swap back in 2009. Neither would go back if you paid them - and they were paid to be there in the first place. Just way, way too much environmental degradation and loose policy there for manufacturing.

I'll take their words and pictures as gospel, as they were wide eyed and naive to go in the first place. Perspectives changed drastically for the worse. 'Tis a shame.

R35

Oh I agree about the change in geography - I was just pointing out that the entire country isn't a metropolis

LOL - you have to admit though. It would be a great experience to check it out :)

She could use it, Jeff. They make the human excrement into dog food now and ship it over to the US. Kills two birds (and a dog or two) with one stone. The urine goes into production of clothing and shoes, and also shipped over here............that could explain that nasty rash you have developed.

See, I knew there was a reasonable explanation.

LOL - you have to admit though. It would be a great experience to check it out :)

I would go, if it was free. The ultimate way of expressing an opinion is being there to experience it - good or bad.

That said, there are many places on my list that fall way before China as a place I want to visit. And one of those places is Antarctica.

R35

I would go, if it was free. The ultimate way of expressing an opinion is being there to experience it - good or bad.

That said, there are many places on my list that fall way before China as a place I want to visit. And one of those places is Antarctica.

R35

Antarctica huh.... interesting. I doubt that makes my top 5.

The ignorance in this thread is truly bothersome.

The majority of the country is unpopulated. It's only the coastline that is industrialized.

File:population density of China by first-level administrative regions(English).png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would say definitely some ignorance is involved here. There are vast areas of China which aren't located in areas only accessible by donkeys or helicopters which are stunningly beautiful. Of course our media always concentrates on the cramped major cities with their smog issues. It's almost a dirty secret that China is a great place to visit.

These were taken by a friend of mine on his visit last year. Public transportation to get to all the areas.

Chinaaug-sep2010Guilin.jpg

Chinaaug-sep2010Guilin1.jpg

pandasguangzhouzoo.jpg

yangtze%20river%20large.jpg

terracottawarriors.jpg
Chinaaug-sep2010Guilin.jpg
Chinaaug-sep2010Guilin1.jpg
pandasguangzhouzoo.jpg
yangtze%20river%20large.jpg
terracottawarriors.jpg

Members online

No members online now.