• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Launcher Comp driver...

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody ever use one of these? I am thinking of going back a few years and grabbing one of these. They are super cheap right now and I can't imagine they are any shorter than today's drivers. Anybody play one of these, true to loft? Its a composite head but does it launch high/low? Thanks!

some say its cleveland's best driver head.

I like the 460ti better, but to each their own.

fyi, comp heads are no fun to reshaft.

I'd think you'd maybe want a lower loft than normal, given that the whole premise behind composite crowns, was so that other weight could be placed lower in the head. but i'd also think they'd play truer to loft than say, a hibore or something.

I have one. 10.5 head with a Prolaunch Blue in it.

It's very nice. Long. Definitely no shorter than any other driver out there.

I think 90% of your threads are "Has anyone ever used one of these?"

Launcher drivers are seriously excellent. Very high quality titanium in the Launcher COMP. Launcher 460ti is incredibly long. Comp is slightly more forgiving and higher launching.

• Staff
I think 90% of your threads are "Has anyone ever used one of these?"

Launcher drivers are seriously excellent. Very high quality titanium in the Launcher COMP. Launcher 460ti is incredibly long. Comp is slightly more forgiving and higher launching.

You are correct. I am a little lost with my driver right now, and have been for some time. I need to get to a demo day and try a bunch but don't see that happening anytime soon. And I like feedback.

It's a great head. PITA for shafting tho.

If you want a head that delivers distance and is solid, the 460Ti as mentioned is one of the longest heads I have ever swung. It launches hight to loft, so don't be afraid of an 8.5* or 9.5* head.

R35

The one I have may be for sale very soon if you are interested. It's a stiff prolaunch Blue, which is a high launch shaft already, and it's a 10.5 head. Are you worried about hitting the ball too high?

• Staff
The one I have may be for sale very soon if you are interested. It's a stiff prolaunch Blue, which is a high launch shaft already, and it's a 10.5 head. Are you worried about hitting the ball too high?

Somewhat, my last 3 drivers I had all had 10.5* of loft and launched moonballs-2 had the diamana bb and one had a grafalloy epic. I have been afraid for the last 2 seasons to drop down to anything below 10.5* of loft due to sidespin issue but have been considering going to lower loft and higher launch shaft....I'm a little lost with my driver at the moment.

I found a good deal on a Bridgestone J33R 420 head in 9.5*. I like the looks but am paranoid about the loft. I have always like cleveland heads until the Hi bore so I was thinking of going to the COmp 460.

I HATE the hibore series. For me, if it ain't traditional, I can't swing it. That being said, the ti460 and 460 comp heads are both very lovely in my eyes. I had a ti460 for awhile, with a stock reg flex shaft in it. Worked well for my first 2 years of golf, but my swing has developed and it's now just over 100 so I couldn't use that anymore. Traded it in the shop for the Launcher Comp with the Stiff Prolaunch Blue. It's wonderful when my swing is on. Really, I have no complaints with it, but have still been flirting with the exotics. Truthfully, I probably hit the comp better, but for some reason I WANT to be able to his the exotics better, so it's in the bag for now.

.....thanks a lot, Jim....

I just scored a Launcher Comp off of a guy on WRX.

Tour Issued. 8.5* (2-3 degrees open=perfect for me) with a Diamana Blueboard 83-S for $135 shipped.

I am going to destroy this thing.

.....thanks a lot, Jim....

I just scored a Launcher Comp off of a guy on WRX.

Tour Issued. 8.5* (2-3 degrees open=perfect for me) with a Diamana Blueboard 83-S for $135 shipped.

I am going to destroy this thing.

Oh Man! That shaft is AWESOME! I am actually thinking of going back to my old trusty R5 TP that had that shaft in it. If felt great and that shaft just fits me to a T!

You should really like that combo, I'm a little jealous I must say, the only thing not making me ALOT jealous is the loft, not quite enough for me.

on paper, i'm just drooling. this combo should just be bombs away.

the deciding factor will be if I can keep it in play though...

My course demands accuracy, and thats why the HiBore has been in my bag for so long.

we'll see.

Bah, the launcher comp head is so much better than the Hibore.

You should have no problems hitting it strait if you put the same swing on it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520