• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland Wedges

trumb1mj

Reaction score
I have cleveland 588s. I am absolutely puring them this spring. I have never hit a 60* like this before...

My 51* was the same length as my 56*. The 51* was not serving its purpose as a gap filler (between my pw and sw).

I had 1/2" added and the club re gripped. Has anyone done this to a gw?

I have never lenghthened a GW to get more yards out of it, but it should help you out a bit. Getting it bent a degree or two stronger would help as well.

If its a problem of the club being too short for you, maybe getting into a set or having you current set modified to True Length Technology may help. I have not messed with TLT yet, but it is a very interesting concept that several folks on the board have a lot more information it than I do.

Personally, I prefer having my wedges set to the same length. When I ran a 4 wedge system, the PW/GW/SW/LW were all 1/2 inch shorter than my 9-iron (based on Wishon's theory of stopping the 1/2 inch steps when you reach the last club you routinely take full swings with.) With my current line up, the PW/GW/LW are all of the same length as well. I have been able to maintain the gaps so further adjustment has been unecessary.

My wedge is longer, but not to get extra length. Gap and SW are shorter though, for control.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520