• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Club champion... Again

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say that for 2 reasons. Firstly, I won the champs at my main club earlier this year and secondly, I have been champion of my second course 7 years ago and just rejoined this year.

This club is pretty small with (unfortunately) an aging member base of around 50-60 blokes. But most of them are the greatest guys you'll ever meet. A few bad eggs but you get them everywhere, right?

Anyhow Saturday was the third and final round of the champs and I had previously posted scores of 75 & 71 for a narrow 18 shot lead. I started this round with a par and a birdie before bogeying 3 of the next 4. A par and another birdie followed and then I strung 7 pars together before trying to play a hero shot on 16 from dead behind a tree stump resulting in a ball out of bounds (2nd ball birdie) for a bogey then a par and finishing with a bogey. Disappointing finish but not unhappy with a 74 for a 3 round total of 220. Ended up winning by a total margin of 25 shots. A lot easier than I expected but I will take it none-the-less.

Also took out the overall nett championship with a total of 207 which was a pleasant and unexpected surprise.

I thoroughly enjoy playing at this course with the great guys there and couldn't have been happier with most of my game over these rounds.

Really starting to enjoy this game again after a very rough patch of form 12 months ago where I wouldve been happy never to pick up a club again. But it's been a great 2009 so far with 2 club championships, a pennant win and getting my cap back down to where it once was.

Anyway, thanks for reading all this jibberish and I'll now return you to your normal scheduled viewing.

Congrats man, great playing.:thumbs up:

Congrats man! Our champ is coming up in a couple of weeks... gotta get my game in shape... might be able to take the A-flight. Can't run with them boys in the Champ flight lol :thumbs up:

wtg! should be worth a couple/few pints?

Congrats, great job ole chap!!!!!!!!!

Nice work. When we play the first ever ShotTalk International Lefty Open I'm going to need a few strokes. I'm an older bloke.

Kevin

wtg! should be worth a couple/few pints?

It was on Saturday night.... Then I had to play soccer the next day, wasn't exactly my best game ever!!! :p Had to head a corner away very early in the game and just doing that nearly made me throw up on the spot! :laugh:

Nice work. When we play the first ever ShotTalk International Lefty Open I'm going to need a few strokes. I'm an older bloke.

Kevin

I'll spot you 3 on the front if you give me 3 on the back. I get the feeling your slightly more handy at this game then you let on. ;)

Great playing congrats!!

Great job, and says alot about your game to be able to keep it together for 3 rounds in a row in intense circumstance.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520