• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Club fitting?

mont86

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at Ping clubs and wondered how accurate the web fit information. I have been playing club that are standard length and lie and the the web site says i should be playing 2.25 upright.
Is that a lot?

I have been looking at Ping clubs and wondered how accurate the web fit information. I have been playing club that are standard length and lie and the the web site says i should be playing 2.25 upright.
Is that a lot?

It's a fair bit of adjustment but not ridiculous. Use the web-fit info as a rough guide only though, if you want to be fit properly then a dynamic fitting session is a must. In the same way that you'd probably narrow down a new car to a few models by reading about them but then you'd go out and test drive them to make a final decision.

It's a fair bit of adjustment but not ridiculous. Use the web-fit info as a rough guide only though, if you want to be fit properly then a dynamic fitting session is a must. In the same way that you'd probably narrow down a new car to a few models by reading about them but then you'd go out and test drive them to make a final decision.

Agreed and Ping is WELL known for their fitting sessions. They are also one of the first of the big OEM's to offer a quality fitting to their clubs. I always like Ping irons, haven't been to interested in their last few offerings but I like the I3's.

It is a bit as Stanters said, but I play 2* upright and 1/2'' over standard. If you're even slightly tall and stand upright over the ball than 2 or 3* is nothing really.

If you're on the site and getting the Web-fit info... go one step further. Ping's site lists their authorized fitters by zip code. Find a fitter in your area and go see him/her. Here's the deal....

1. New clubs... not fit. First miss/shank/fat shot/thin shot you will question if you've just spent hard earned dollars purchasing clubs that don't fit you.
2. Web-fit vs. dynamic fit. First miss, you will question if the web-fit was accurate and if you should have gone to a fitter to hit clubs.

This game is 90% mental and the other 10% is all in your head. Confidence in your irons can make a huge difference in how you play. Instill that confidence by going the extra step and get fit by a "live body"... hitting actual clubs.

Good advice guys, A co-worker has been fitted and said the same thing.get fitted. That's the route I'm going to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520