• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clubs for a lady?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Reaction score
My youngest son's fiance has been bitten hard by the golf bug thanks to me. And she is really a great girl and a great influeance on him. I'm thinking about buying her some clubs, nothing to expensive, just something to get her started. Are the Wilson's Lady Hope's any good? She loves playing with my wifes Golf Girl set, loves the pink, so that's why I was leaning towards the Lady Hope's. Anyone had any experiance with them?

First, Congrats on converting another individual into a golfer. Good on you sir!
I have no experience with the Lady Hope clubs, but I have found with some experimenting that not all women clubs are fitted for some women. My girlfriend for example, is too tall for a standard ladies set, they hurt her back and just cause her agrivation. Which is something you really don't want for a beginner!

After some tinkering and asking a ton of questions, we have learned, and I could be completely wrong here! But she has found that senior men's clubs are long enough for her to stand up more, taking stress off her back and the shafts are a little lighter in a senior set, she finds them similar to ladies clubs...

Don't know if that really helps you any? It's more food for thought than anything. But if she's a taller gal, different clubs might be worth checking out... Just my two cents

First, Congrats on converting another individual into a golfer. Good on you sir!
I have no experience with the Lady Hope clubs, but I have found with some experimenting that not all women clubs are fitted for some women. My girlfriend for example, is too tall for a standard ladies set, they hurt her back and just cause her agrivation. Which is something you really don't want for a beginner!

After some tinkering and asking a ton of questions, we have learned, and I could be completely wrong here! But she has found that senior men's clubs are long enough for her to stand up more, taking stress off her back and the shafts are a little lighter in a senior set, she finds them similar to ladies clubs...

Don't know if that really helps you any? It's more food for thought than anything. But if she's a taller gal, different clubs might be worth checking out... Just my two cents

Unfortunately, Louie, Mark(mddubya) is no longer with us.

LINK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520