• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Couple quick questions for the club builder guys here

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Reaction score
Hey gang!

Just looking to get a bit of additional info on the shafts of these Wishon 550M irons.

While re-gripping, I noticed a wax mark on the shafts lined up at 9:00 (clockface) and wanted to confirm that this most likely means these shafts have been spined (I think that's the term) Here is pic:

showimage.php

As well, there are also some numbers written on each shaft. Looks to read 302, 304, 304 etc. Are these possibly to indicate the frequency of each shaft? Or possibly something else? The shafts are X-100-U pic:

I understand there may not be any definitive answers, just looking for what the gut feeling is for these marks so I'll know a little more about my equipment.

Thanks, Bryan

Looks right to me.

Do the numbers increase as the irons get shorter? Like, your 3 iron is 304 while your 8 iron is 340 as an example?

R35

The was is most definitely a spine alignment marking, and the numbers are most likely what you suspected. PM Augster if you would like to be certain, I'm sure he could find out for you.

Looks like spine or NBP markings and frequency (most likely raw numbers).

what on earth is that first pic?

what on earth is that first pic?

Looks like a shaft with a white mark on it taken against the seat back of a chair.

But maybe I'm seeing it wrong. :D

R35

Thanks guys, appreciate the responses.

Rock - Only had 3 grips left, waiting on more to arrive. So I only did 8,9,PW and if I recall the 8 was 302, the 9 and PW were either both 304 or 309...or possibly 9 was 304 and PW was 309...you know how you club builders scribble :beach3: I should have written them down before covering them back up.

And yeah Dave, the first pic is in a chair (nice call Rock!) but looking back it does appear quite disturbing :eek:

Thanks, Bryan

And yeah Dave, the first pic is in a chair (nice call Rock!) but looking back it does appear quite disturbing :eek:

Thanks, Bryan

B,

Don't mind dave, he lives on an island...:D

R35

Thanks, Bryan
Yeah, I was two nice to ask. I was thinking bow legged women with real bad case of hemorrhoids with a golf shaft resting against her arse. :laugh:

Can only imagine what sssmokin is now doing with that picture.

Yeah, shiatsu massage chair, that works for me :D

The pic looks like a skinny ET with a steel rod up his ass

The pic looks like a skinny ET with a steel rod up his ass

Jesus Dave, when you nail it, you nail it hard. I will never be able to watch ET again.

Lyle, did you get a chance to go to your shop?

Bryan,

I told you those irons were sweet. :emot-ange

FLO'd and spined, and frequency and SW matched through the set from about the best clubmaker in Minnesota.

I'm glad you got them okay. Hit 'em well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520