• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

custom makers

atom

Reaction score
How do custom makers who do not sell clubs alter the lie angle, shaft specs, grip, etc… for you? For example, a custom maker I know doesn’t sell Wilson Ci7, I buy it in another golf shop who does not do custom making…. Can I bring it to the custom maker for tailor to my needs? Or am I doing it the wrong way? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

How do custom makers who do not sell clubs alter the lie angle, shaft specs, grip, etc… for you? For example, a custom maker I know doesn’t sell Wilson Ci7, I buy it in another golf shop who does not do custom making…. Can I bring it to the custom maker for tailor to my needs? Or am I doing it the wrong way? ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
If he is a clubmaker he will have the proper tools for altering loft, lie, shafts, swingweight, etc. Get fitted (particularly for dynamic lie angles) and ask him about whether the specific clubs can be altered enough to fit you before you buy.

Some cast clubs can only be bent a small amount, due to the brittleness of the metal. With forged clubs it's no problem, but the Ci7's are cast, and if your required lie spec is outside the bendable range of those irons, then you're S.O.L. Shouldn't be a problem, but it can't hurt to ask.

thanks Eracer!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424