• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Daly should play Ryder Cup

Grip It and Rip It

Reaction score
First new thread... Aren't I cool.

Just to start a conversation- I believe Daly should play, not only for the fans, but he is playing as well as the top golfers in the world this year. He also seems like he may have gotten the tailspin his life was in somewhat under control...

i couldn't agree more, it would top of a great year for him, im not sure about the ryder cup format but isn't there an alternate shot is so he would be a great partner

Daly is the type that could perform incredibly well or just lose it.

I was at the 1999 US Open at Pinehurst where he just completely melted down.

ON the other hand - I have seen him display tremendous skills in all other areas of the game BESIDE driving.

Great short game - chipping, putting.

Daly very well may play his best when in a team environment - with a Captain keeping his head on an even keel.

I am a fan but can see - easily - both sides of the arguement....

I would be against Daly on the team right now. He seems to be a little streaky. Cink is a great pick. He's been playing well all year and is probably the best putter on tour. Haas is more of a question mark to me right now. He hits fairways and greens. Very consistent.

Daly is one of my 3 favorite players to watch though. I'm bummed that I'll be on a golf weekend during the Ryder Cup. I guess if I couldn't watch it that's what I would hope I would be doing.

Nice looking site Sling! :cool:

~Q

Agreed Q. I think that Daly would be kind of tough to take as a teammate. I would be watching him with one eye all day long, praying for him to avoid a blow up. On the other hand, he would be superb for TV ratings - I would tune in just to see him play. For some reason, I can't get enough of watching him overswing and then painfully lumber down the fairway . . . . . good times.

But Cink is a much better (safer) pick.

By the way - I noticed your thread re: breaking 80 on GR. Congrats! I'm closing in myself - could be tomorrow, could be 2010. . . who knows. :confused:

DM - (formerly Redcone)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520