• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

dating, round 2

Having to date again? That would be reasons 1-25 to stay married, right there.

Good luck, Sling. Given what everyone looked like at the height of the disco era, she HAS to be better looking now.

Lots of golddiggers online and women with issues.
Theres lots of golddiggers an women with issues offline too.

ALL women have issues.

I'm just kicking tires, nothing serious.
Very true. Kick some tires, have some fun and if you meet someone cool, go for it. If not, move on. Just keep your eyes open for the red flags and warning signs that its time to move on.
There's plenty of golddiggers and wackos offline, might as well get to read a profile first and at least take some guesswork out of it...makes sense to me...
Thats kinda what Im thinking.
I'll tell you what, it's pretty fun just to see who send you 'winks' and stuff.
It;s easier to find some common ground when you get to see the profiles rather than meeting someone cold who may either be really sweet or into human sacrifices....you have no way to know until it's too late.

the thing about match is that you can browse for free. I signed up when I found someone I wanted to talk to.
Sounds like a good deal. My last 2 girlfriends have had issues and were kinda psycho, so meeting women in the real world isnt any less of a gamble and its not as if hanging out at the bars is a good place to meet women who are good for anything more than a one night stand.
I broke up with my last girlfriend about 2 months ago and lately Ive been thinking about getting back out there and trying the online thing. Im never going to find someone if I dont try and Im sure as heck not going to sit around waiting for Ms. Right to show up at my door.
Lol, be skeptical. I did it a few years ago and oh my god the girls I met. It was fun... just to find out what thier deal was going to be. One chick had no fcking hair!! lol.
Ive learned to be skeptical regardless. Im a hopeless romantic and I have a bad habit of falling in love with a woman, only to later find out that she has issues and is psycho.
Im hoping theres at least 1 woman left in this world who isnt completely nuts and whom I could be happy with.

That's cool Sling... not to get your hopes up too much... but I met my wife online.. yahoo personals... and she just bought me my first Cameron! :thumbs up:

Oh dear. I'm pretty speechless at how this thread has evolved.

Any enlightened guys round here?:deadhorse:

:laugh:

1. +1 on All Women have issues
2. I've never done on-line dating, and I always though it was full of ugly fat women an nerdy guys. A friend of mine did it just for fun (actually he lost a bet :)) and the results were quite far from what I would have supposed, and obviously, I had to eat my words, one by one...:real angry:. Very nice girl, quite attractive as well...

I think you're making a fine decision Sling. I'm nowhere near your ripe age of... 32 or something... but online dating makes sense.

A.) The kind of ambitious, go-getter people who've really made something of their lives are not the people who go around wasting where people meet in the "real world."

B.) If you're going for "true love," do you really expect to find it in the small sample size you'd encounter going out somewhere where you live? At least if you go online, you can import someone special from the surrounding area much more easily, and meet people you otherwise wouldn't.

C.) Online profiles can obviously be bull****. But you DO get a sense of what people WANT to be known for. If someone is proud of what they do, you'll know it ahead of time, and you may like that about them; their pride in their lives.

So needless to say, I support your decision. I really support that you're willing to get back out there and find someone to share happiness with. I really, really wish my mom had the sense that you do.

Have a look in members Claire. ;)

Not any person in particular. Just the whole concept of the whole "getting to know you" stage and the awkwardness and the will-he-or-won't-he (about a zillion times) and... and... and...

Glad YOU'RE looking forward to it.

Not any person in particular. Just the whole concept of the whole "getting to know you" stage and the awkwardness and the will-he-or-won't-he (about a zillion times) and... and... and...

Glad YOU'RE looking forward to it.

I'm with Claire. By the time I proposed to my wife I hated dating, just too much bs.

I'm with Claire. By the time I proposed to my wife I hated dating, just too much bs.

Plus the upkeep of the bathhouses had gone to all hell.
icon10.gif

wow - what a very frightening experience... best of luck Sling, I hope it turns out well.

I would avoid the "all women have issues" angle for this first date also ;)

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54