• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diamana Red

soSoJeffCC

Reaction score
Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Red Board S-Flex on my HiBore 9.5*

Decided to call it quits with this shaft. I definitely don't need the low kickpoint, as my shots were going wayy too high. I thought it was just me teeing it up too high. But after adjusting the height, it was still going way too high for my liking. This shaft also seems very soft for a S-flex as well. Defintely need to have a very good rhythm to able to load this shaft up effectively.

Luckily my brother has a HiBore 9.5* with a Graphite Design ys6+. We ended up trading, and even tho the ys6+ was an R-flex, it felt alot stiffer than the Diamana Red S-flex.

All in all, the Diamana red would be a great shaft if you want a little bit more trajectory in your drives. But beware, slow smooth tempos are a must.

I have tried 2 brand new Nike Ignite drivers, 9.5 and 10.5 both with stiff shafts, the 9.5 felt way softer. These were brand new and supposedly the same shaft, I think that there are definitely variations with in a line of shafts and they most certainly lack continuity.

I had the same experience with a Fuji Tour Platform 26.3. Why is it that all the coolest looking shafts suck for my swing?
icon10.gif
BTW I tried an R5TP the other day with the TP Diamana blue, pure crap, for me anyway. I thought that was supposed to be a "boardy" shaft?? Maybe I misunderstoof the meaning of "boardy"?? It was a very odd feel. Like it was stiff, then super flexy then stiff again. It felt like the head fell off the driver halfway into my downswing.

I had the same experience with a Fuji Tour Platform 26.3. Why is it that all the coolest looking shafts suck for my swing?
icon10.gif
BTW I tried an R5TP the other day with the TP Diamana blue, pure crap, for me anyway. I thought that was supposed to be a "boardy" shaft?? Maybe I misunderstoof the meaning of "boardy"?? It was a very odd feel. Like it was stiff, then super flexy then stiff again. It felt like the head fell off the driver halfway into my downswing.

It's called tempo, you should try sometime...

:biglol:

just kidding ez, couldn't resist LOL

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35