• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do shoes make a difference?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
We all know that clubheads, shafts, balls, and even gloves, can have a profound effect on one's game. But what about shoes? It seems like there is big push in the industry towards highly technical (and increasingly expensive) golf shoe design. Do you think that different shoes affect your swing enough to make a difference? Or do you think that if a shoe has spikes it has enough to do the job?

Comfort, style, waterproofing - all are certainly design features that most are willing to pay for. But how many people pay for performance, or can really notice a difference?

Yes some help more than others for me. I generate a lot of torque with my legs and if the shoes do not have the ability to keep my feet from sliding out then it will effect my swing. The type of spikes you use help too, I know back when soft-spikes started coming out I wouldnt wear them since they didnt have much traction but then soft-spikes came out with those spiders and I was able get some decent traction.

I wasnt sure a shoe could help untill I tried a pair of Adidas Tour 360's. Yes, a shoe can make a differance. If you slide wearing these, you are swinging way to hard.
Am looking forward to trying the new Nike's

I wasnt sure a shoe could help untill I tried a pair of Adidas Tour 360's. Yes, a shoe can make a differance. If you slide wearing these, you are swing way to hard.
Am looking forward to trying the new Nike's

I play with the Tour 360's.

I play in Rebok walking shoes. Not even soft spikes. The only time I ever slip is if I swing too hard, and the slip tells me to back off. It almost never happens, even on wet grass. I've never found a pair of golf shoes that I thought was actually comfortable, so about 15 years ago I just quit buying the damn things. That way I have more money to spend actually playing....:)

I just wear shoes that are comfy, but first of all, waterproof. I can't play golf without waterproof shoes, it puts me off my game

as long as there golf shoes they work for me.i played once in damp comd. this year and almost busted my a**.i seem to go thru a paur every 2-3 yrs.so i usualy just get a pair on sale at about 30-50% off for about $50-&$70.

that wil be in about another month here in the north.im due for a new pair this season.

One morning I played 18 holes, shot 75 i think.

Bought new shoes after my round.

Played 18 holes with the new shoes in the afternoon. Shot about 85 and hit most of my wedges and irons thin.

The new shoes made me a little taller and It took me about 3-4 rounds to get use to them..

Nice shoes though :)

One morning I played 18 holes, shot 75 i think.

Bought new shoes after my round.

Played 18 holes with the new shoes in the afternoon. Shot about 85 and hit most of my wedges and irons thin.

The new shoes made me a little taller and It took me about 3-4 rounds to get use to them..

Nice shoes though :)
I noticed the exact same thing! It's annoying cos I couldn't tell what I was doing!

I think they do, if for nothing else, comfort. But, then again, I always walk.

I think they do, if for nothing else, comfort. But, then again, I always walk.

There is the key for me. If I didn't pay $110 for my Dryjoy pro's, I would have already thrown them in the trash. The $39 Adidas climacools are way more comfortable walking. Problem is they have vents all over so they get wet. I may try some sole inserts in the FJ's. They are getting old though, used to be black and white, now black and green.
icon10.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?